The IT department at Airtable is seeking an IT Systems Engineer to assist us in integrating Airtable into existing systems and expanding internal enterprise use of Airtable.
In this role, you’ll be the technical leader on the use of the core Airtable product internally at Airtable IT. You’ll apply Airtable experience and integration experience to enable us to increase the adoption of Airtable internally and expand existing bases to enhance functionality and security. The three main focus areas will be: increase adoption and improve internal applications built on Airtable to take advantage of new features and enhancements, provide training and development for IT personnel, and analyze new SaaS use cases for development on Airtable.
What you'll do
- Coordinate the intake, prioritization, and execution of Airtable requests from the business.
- IT Engineering: Train other IT engineers on how to develop and support complex Airtable solutions. Improve existing IT workflows to leverage Airtable automations to improve IT‘s functionality and performance.
- Service Desk: Work in tandem with IT Support to enhance Airtable connected apps and support existing connected apps.
- New Workflows: Employee or team requesting support for business processes that were previously managed via spreadsheets, third-party SaaS, or locally owned bases. Deeply understand and clearly document complex workflow requirements.
- New Feature Implementation: Routinely expand the capabilities of existing bases by integrating new features as they are made available. Create solution design and implementation plan documents that outline project scope, timelines, deliverables, and milestones
- Develop artifacts and assets to support end users and business champions
- Produce documentation and enablement materials for centrally governed connected apps.
- Conduct formal training sessions with IT personnel.
- Capture, document, and route feedback to product development regarding product functionality and user experience
- Identify critical feature gaps preventing the usage of Airtable for specific business workflows
- Provide contextual information concerning the scope, severity, and frequency of impact resulting from product gaps or performance limitations
- Design & implement automation to make IT processes repeatable, scalable, and secure
- Write standalone code to interface with webhooks, or create API integrations to optimize and connect our SaaS applications with each other and with Airtable.
- Guide build vs. buy decisions for integrations and tooling for IT and other departments
- Administer, develop and support Airtable’s corporate-connected applications built on Airtable. Train additional engineers to provide redundancy for support.
- Implement Airtables best practices across supported connected applications
Who you are
- 8+ years of IT Engineering experience
- Solution-oriented: What you build and implement will impact all of Airtable
- You are experienced with administering and developing in and against SaaS, and applications and services, including Google Workspace and Slack
- You have a comfort and familiarity with modern development practices and the development lifecycle with experience using Scrum, Kanban, Lean, or other agile methodologies
- 5+ years experience gathering user requirements, developing custom business solutions, and managing distributed systems
- 5+ years experience in project management (PMP certification preferred)
- Demonstrated success working in cross-functional teams and experience liaising between IT and business partners
- Aptitude for thinking in systems, navigating complexity, and prioritizing jobs to be done
- Exceptional visual, written, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to distill complex topics and tradeoff decisions into concise and actionable summaries
- You are well-versed in database design best practices
- You exhibit strong project management expertise and an ability to set realistic timelines
- You are a highly collaborative team player who adapts when working cross-functionally
- You are able to operate in ambiguity
- You have an expansive understanding of the full operation of a Services organization
Compensation awarded to successful candidates will vary based on their work location, relevant skills and experience. The base salary range for this role is $146,252 - $180,482 for work locations in San Francisco, Mountain View, Seattle, NYC and LA. The base salary range for this role is $131,627 - $162,434 for all other work locations including remote. Our total compensation package also includes the opportunity to receive benefits, restricted stock units, and may include incentive compensation.To learn more about our comprehensive benefit offerings, please check out Life at Airtable.
Airtable is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and strive to create a workplace where everyone has an equal opportunity to thrive. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any characteristic protected by applicable federal and state laws, regulations and ordinances. Learn more about your EEO rights as an applicant.
If you have a medical condition, disability, or religious belief/practice which inhibits your ability to participate in any part of the application or interview process, please complete our Accommodations Request Form and let us know how we may assist you. Airtable is committed to participating in the interactive process and providing reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants.
Please see our Privacy Notice for details regarding Airtable’s collection and use of personal information relating to the application and recruitment process by clicking here.