The Connectivity team within the Platform group at Airtable is responsible for building features that allow customers to connect workflows across teams, understand the data that’s useful to them, and easily work with data residing in other systems of record. These features transform the lives of our customers by enabling them to build truly collaborative applications on top of relevant data, and helping break down data silos within their enterprises. The Connectivity Infrastructure pod is building the backend infrastructure powering next generation Connectivity features, and we’re looking for an experienced backend engineer to join us on this journey.
What you'll do
- As Technical Lead on the Connectivity Infrastructure pod, you will drive the technical vision for the Connectivity team, own major infrastructure initiatives, and support other engineers on the team.
- Design infrastructure components that power next generation Airtable connectivity features, optimizing for the developer experience, scaling, performance, reliability, and long-term maintainability.
- Take full ownership of backend services, including responsibility for monitoring, debugging, and overall reliability.
- Work at all levels of the stack with a concentration on the backend. Work with Node.JS, MySQL, and AWS services.
- Drive alignment across the engineering organization to tackle technical foundational gaps and influence engineering investments.
- Be a culture multiplier for the engineering organization by being a role model of Airtable values.
- Provide mentorship and coaching to other engineers and up-level the team.
Who you are
- You’re a backend engineering specialist with 8+ years of industry experience who is willing to learn new technologies and apply them in a fast changing environment.
- You have extensive experience in areas such as databases, distributed systems, service oriented architectures, and backend performance measurement and optimization.
- You have a strong background in computer science with a degree in CS or a related field.
- You have experience leading the design and implementation of long-term initiatives in close collaboration with cross-functional partners and other stakeholders.
- You have a solid understanding of engineering best practices and principles of system design. You have applied these principles in building systems and products used by a large number of users and have scaled with user growth.
- Effective at troubleshooting, debugging, and root causing defects in large scale systems.
- You take a thoughtful approach to decision making and evaluating trade-offs, knowing when to move fast and when to do things right.
- You can build up strong relationships across the organization and cross-functionally.
What We Offer
- We have your medical, dental, and vision insurance 100% covered (and your dependents covered at 80%)
- High deductible health plan available with health savings account contribution
- Complimentary One Medical membership for individuals and dependents
- Monthly “Lifestyle Wallet” to use for benefits like personal fitness (e.g., gym memberships, fitness equipment, etc.) to pet care to nutrition coaching, and more.
- Complimentary mental health support via Modern Health Family planning support (fertility, adoption, and surrogacy)
- Flexible and generous time off and sick time benefits
- 16 weeks of parental leave
- Annual Learning & Development wallet to support your career development
- Emergency backup care for dependents
- Access to financial planning and legal support
Airtable is working on the next computer revolution: one where anyone – even without technical training – can create customized applications that fit their needs, build more interconnected teams, and take part in a growing community of people who share what they create. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in San Francisco, Airtable powers teams at more than 300,000 organizations around the world. Our most recent funding round valued Airtable at $11.7 billion and raised $735 million in additional capital, and we're just getting started!