Airtable’s legal team is helping Airtable democratize software creation by providing proactive, realistic, and strategic advice that drives maximum business impact and reflects Airtable’s integrity, creativity, and courage.
This is a unique opportunity to be a part of our founding legal team! We are looking to add a Corporate Counsel to act as a true generalist, providing advice and solving a variety of legal and business challenges within a fast-moving, focused, and collaborative environment.
What you'll do
- Advise business partners on a range of legal issues and risks, with a particular focus on privacy, data use, and information security.
- Review product offerings, programs, and initiatives to spot legal issues and advise business partners on a variety of laws, regulations, and industry best practices.
- Identify potential areas of compliance vulnerability, and develop and implement project plans to resolve these issues.
- Advise on the design, development, implementation, and iteration of company-wide compliance programs, policies, and initiatives.
- Review, draft, revise, and negotiate commercial agreements, including software subscription agreements, data processing agreements, security agreements, NDAs, and vendor agreements.
- Help build and maintain a commercial contracting playbook, contract template and clause library, legal process wikis, and other tools and metrics to help scale the legal function
- Provide input supporting the implementation of a contracts management system and related processes to optimize interactions with the sales team.
Who you are
- You have a JD or foreign equivalent with membership in at least one state bar
- You have 4-8 years of relevant legal experience. In-house experience with a SaaS or other technology company preferred.
- You have a substantial understanding of privacy, data security, licensing, and intellectual property laws (or a strong willingness to learn).
- You’re able to draft documents, policies, emails, and anything else in a precise and digestible manner.
- You’re flexible, resourceful, solution-oriented. You are interested in developing a broad array of legal skills, as opposed to staying in a specific practice area. You’re both comfortable saying you don’t have the answer, and confident that you can then go find it.
- You possess organizational and project management skills, and are able to execute, prioritize, and stay focused in an environment that is expanding and evolving.
- You have high integrity and excellent judgment, are a clear and thoughtful communicator, and are able to be both strategic and detail-oriented.
- You’re skilled at building authentic relationships with all kinds of people across many functional teams.
What we offer
- Health care: we have you 100% covered (and your dependents 50% covered) with competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance. You'll also be eligible for a complimentary membership to One Medical Group
- Learning & Development: we offer a $2,000 per year stipend for your personal career development
- Gym Membership: we’re proud to provide employees in our San Francisco and New York offices with complimentary gym memberships to Equinox, or up to $100/month reimbursement towards any other gym
- Catered lunches: we have high-quality catered lunches every day and well-stocked kitchens. We'll also reimburse you for any reasonable food expenses incurred while working
- Generous PTO, sick leave, and parental leave
Airtable is working on the next computer revolution: one where anyone – even without technical training – can create customized applications that fit their needs, build more interconnected teams, and take part in a growing community of people who share what they create. Founded in 2013 and headquartered in San Francisco, Airtable powers teams at more than 200,000 organizations around the world.
Our recent Series D funding round, which included Thrive Capital, Coatue, and Benchmark, doubled our total investment to more than $350 million. And we're just getting started.