At Agilisys, not only is the nature of the work we do important, but everyone has an important role to play, from supporting private sector organisations to managing complex public services. We are a team of 1500 people responsible for delivering essential IT Services around the UK in areas including the NHS, Local government, large private sector organisations and more.
We are innovators and integrators, committed to Continual Service Improvement for the benefit of everyone.
Job Title: Release Management Analyst
Base location: Rochdale, Greater Manchester, there may on occasion be an element of travel within the UK and overnight stays can be expected
Reporting to the Change and Release Manager, as a Release Analyst you will work collaboratively with relevant stakeholders such as projects managers, technical support teams and business stakeholders to implement changes successfully through development, test, and production environments.
You will have an opportunity to co-ordinate the deployment of Releases for multiple customers, where you will be responsible for the scheduling and the management of release activity. The releases can be inclusive of application updates, security improvements, or Projects/Program deployments.
Key Role Deliverables
- Coordinating the day to day Release activities
- Ensure that all reports are accurate prior to distribution
- Ensures all Releases are implemented against SLA commitments
- Monitors compliance of existing Releases; ensuring the correct validation and approval process is followed.
- Acts as a point of reference for questions, queries &, suggestions relating to current or planned Releases.
- Maintains the on-going data integrity of the release.
- Highlights any Release management scheduling conflicts and deviations according to established practices, and obtains advice when precedents are unclear or unavailable.
- Adheres to Change and Configuration Management methodologies and best practices.
- Evaluates and recommends methods and tools for streamlining and improving the Release process.
- Assists in the delivery against Release Management actions to support /deliver Service Improvement programs.
- Plan and direct own activities with minimal management supervision.
- Participates in analysis of Release activity and provides recommendations
- Ensures that all Release processes and related documentation are valid at all times.
- To update/distribute Forward Schedule of Release to an agreed distribution list.
Key Working Relationships
Working with peers develop, foster, excellent working relationships with teams within:
Service Desk, Systems teams, Application Packaging teams, Networks and Telecoms, Senior management Teams, Service Delivery Managers, Information Security Management, Service Asset and Configuration Management, Capacity Management, Availability Management, Change Management, Incident and Problem Management
Routinely engage and collaborate with Service Management professionals with demonstrable customer-facing skills and provide clear and effective reporting.
Analytical and Judgement Skills
- Knowledge of Release and Change Management
- Understanding of Project Management methodologies
- Understanding of infrastructure architecture and principles
- Understanding of the SDLC in multiple technologies
- Understanding of Configuration management
- Familiarity of ITIL Service Transition
- Analytical problem-solving skills
Planning and Organising
Must have relevant and practical experience of operating in a large scale and diverse environment, with an emphasis on following Release or Change and Configuration Management processes. Candidate must have good organisational skills and can independently prioritise workload.
Strategy/Policy/Service Development and Implementation
Assist and contribute to the development of effective, process and procedures, improving documentation, automating processes and reacting appropriately to service improvement initiatives within the Service Management teams, interfacing with other IT Functional teams in directly improving the customer experience.
Responsibilities for physical and financial resources
Assist the Head of Service Management as directed.
Ensure the quality of work and documentation is of a high professional standard that reflects well on the Organisation, business and teams.
Take part in the annual review process.
Ensure that business systems and other resources provided are utilised effectively, that centralised and shared records within remit are kept updated, and where feasible using the ITSM toolset provided.
Develop good working relations with peers and colleagues
Research, Development and Audit
Take part and support the annual audit cycle, or any other audit requirements.
What’s in it for you?
We’re based across the UK operating out of various customer sites, with London being our company headquarters. We offer flexible working and a great corporate benefits scheme:
- Pension Scheme
- Health Insurance
- Being an Employee Owner as part of the Employee Benefits Trust
- Life Assurance
- Flexible working
- 25 days annual leave (with the option to buy more)
- Access to exclusive discounts and offers with a variety of retail providers through Agilisys “Perks at Work” scheme
Agilisys is an equal opportunities employer, seeking to employ a workforce that reflects and incorporates the talents of our diverse community.
We are committed to building a culture that recognises the value of diversity among our people, and where everyone feels included and valued irrespective and indeed because of their differences. We endeavor to ensure that everyone is treated with fairness, dignity, and respect and that they can perform at their very best.
We are a member of the Digital Inclusion Charter - a public commitment by digital organisations to help more people go digital. In addition, we are a signatory of the Tech Talent Charter, which means that we have made a number of pledges in relation to our approach to recruitment and retention. Our unique employee-owned status also allows our employees to have greater engagement and ownership in ensuring Agilisys is an inclusive organisation.
While we've made some great progress so far, we know that there is still more to do. We are continuously looking for ways to further strengthen our culture of inclusion and diversify our workforce.