Our purpose at Agilisys is to deliver success through innovation, working with our customers to transform services that make a difference to millions of people across the UK. We do this by driving our entrepreneurial nature and developing solutions to meet our customers' evolving needs.
We are seeking a Senior Security Analyst to join our Managed Services team, this will be based in either our Bolton or Newcastle locations, and home/flexible working options are available.
How will you spend your days?
- Providing Information Security advice and consultancy to a wide range of stakeholders across business and IT, communicating complex technical subjects in simple language, and ensuring that information security risk is understood across the business.
- Working closely with our operational and architecture functions to provide information security advice so that architecture artefacts remain update to reflect emerging information security threats and trends.
- Scope and manage Penetration Testing including the production of a plan to remediate vulnerabilities identified during any tests in a timely manner
- Responsible for ensuring that any vulnerabilities identified are processed in accordance with the latest Information Security Risk Management process including; risk analysis, identifying and applying appropriate controls, recording, reviewing and approval
- Review the networking infrastructure and systems to ensure security best practices and standards are implemented and followed.
- Gather Threat Intelligence and perform Threat analysis and reporting, making recommendations and taking action to mitigate existing, new and emerging threats.
- Monitor and review output from security logs and monitoring systems
- Identifying security alerts and potential security issues
- Act as incident escalation for security incidents. Helping to Investigate, escalate and resolve security issues and alerts
- Maintain security guidelines, ensuring that compliance plans are maintained, promoting continual improvement
- Liaise with relevant external bodies to achieve or maintain security accreditations or certifications
- Work with project and programme teams to identify solutions to security challenges that they might introduce, to ensure that security and compliance is maintained
- Maintaining Information Security Management processes to ISO 27001:2013 standards, as well as certifications and approvals
- Managing security assessments and risk assessments assisting Agilisys and the client to investigate any IT security incidents/events
How will you stand out?
This is a technical Information Security role and you will have a comprehensive understanding of security threats, technologies, legislative and regulatory standards, industry frameworks and best practices. Experience within local government would be advantageous.
Desirable skills and experience
- Customer focused and influential, with a high desire to drive results
- Ideally have one or more of the following qualifications, CISSP, CASP+, PenTest+, CEH, CCSP, CISM, MCSE, CREST, OSCP, CHECK,
- Ideally, knowledge of Information Security Management within Local Government, a Government department or large organisation in particular working with protectively marked data (GPMS and/or GSC)
- Information risk management and compliance, including technical security risk assessment and treatment
- Any experience of working with recognised IT Security standards and frameworks such as PCI-DSS or ISO27001 is highly advantageous
- Experience in HMG Information Assurance requirements and Security Policy Framework
- Experience in the practical application of CESG and/or NCSC guidance
- Proven track record of performing incident management for security incidents & risk assessments to mitigate issues including lessons learned
- Change management experience for both Information Security and business impacting Information Security Change.
- Experience with technologies such as: AWS, Microsoft Azure and Office 365, SIEM, IPS/IDS, WAF, DLP, IAM,
What’s in it for you?
Mentorship from a team of security experts within Agilisys and operating within a wide range of technologies, this role will give you exposure to the design and implementation of a new security solution.
We also offer flexible working and a great corporate benefits scheme:
- Pension Scheme
- Health Insurance
- Being an Employee Owner as part of the EBT
- Life Assurance
- Flexible working
- Access to exclusive discounts and offers with a variety of retail providers through Agilisys “Perks at Work” scheme
Agilisys operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.