Due to exciting client growth we are hiring a new Network Engineer to join our team in Clevedon, Bristol.
Reporting into the Lead System Engineer, you will have close working contacts with Agilisys Service Directors, Agilisys Managed Services teams, Project Delivery teams and Account Management team, as well as Client contacts at all levels and external strategic partners and suppliers
How will you spend your days?
In this role you will provide enterprise networking and telephony skills supporting a corporate network infrastructure. You will deliver technical support on the local network infrastructure (LAN and WAN) including VoIP and wireless networks, as well as ensuring proper implementation and maintenance of management tools, network documentation, and disaster recovery procedures. You will work with the Network Lead to manage the design, configuration, installation and support of complex corporate LAN/WAN network environments. Further responsibilities and accountabilities are listed below:
- Perform any and all activities associated with the network infrastructure and telecommunications services. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to switches, routers, gateways, VPNs, firewall, Internet connectivity, VoIP, wireless, Switchboard Systems (ARC) and appropriate management tools.
- Responsible for technical hardware/software /cabling, bandwidth engineering, configuration planning, administration, and support of data and voice communications networks, including facilities planning. Work with the Technical lead, other teams, and call centres telephony and other departments to provide a stable and managed network infrastructure
- Ensure national and industry standards are identified, followed and implementation are properly planned and managed.
- Research and evaluate new tools and support software which may enhance the delivery of IT Voice and Data Infrastructure, develop effective working relationships with vendors, local authorities and departmental technical groups to ensure all shared responsibilities are understood among all supporting technical personnel.
- The provision of key Performance reports on service delivery against Industry performance indicators and internal service level agreements on weekly/monthly basis for the Infrastructure Manager or Director of IT as required.
- Establish manage and maintain successful relationship with third part service providers. To continually seek ways to improve service provided to the council by third parties.
- Deal with matters relating to ICT networking and development including TCP/IP network, security, firewall, and network, to take responsibility & ownership of the Voice and Data Network when making decision impacting loss of service to county wide users.
- Carry out preventative maintenance and systems monitoring as defined by operating standards. Implementing new initiatives and future changes in service delivery, specifically related to corporate priority projects.
- Identify utilisation patterns and their effect on operation/system availability and performance expectations, Investigate, recommend and install enhancements and operating procedures that optimise network availability, Ensure timely user notification of maintenance requirements and effects on system availability.
- Ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of corporate information assets and systems and, where appropriate, ensure preventative measures are undertaken to help mitigate risks
How will you stand out?
Essential Skills and Experience
- TCP/IP - IP, Cisco switching and Routing including STP, EIGRP and HSRP, both LAN to LAN VPN and SSL VPN configuration including Cisco VPN , Cat 5 and Fibre structured cabling, capacity planning. Secure WAN configuration across multiple sites. -
- Deployment, configuration and management of Cisco 6509, Cisco FWSM, Cisco ASA firewall, Juniper and Checkpoint Firewalls
- Strong knowledge of WAN, MAN and LAN
- Experience of Cisco hardware required
- Aruba Wi-Fi or similar, provisioning APs, surveying new sites, monitoring and improving service
- Cisco IP Telephony, SIP Trunks, H323 (Cisco Call Manager – CUCM) experience.
- Visio documentation.
- Server skills such as VMware, Exchange and Microsoft Server is advantageous.
- Excellent written, verbal communication skills and client facing skills and various levels.
- A natural enthusiasm for technology and the ability to excite and engage other software or technical engineers, maintains up to date knowledge of technologies and their uses.
- Understands current trends in the market.
- Flexibility. The role may involve spending time working at clients’ sites and at other Agilisys locations within the UK
- Cisco Voice technologies advantageous
- Knowledge of circuit provisioning, testing and troubleshooting
Experience / industry qualification in: -
- CCNA (required)
- CCNP (desired)
- Prince2 (desired)
- ITIL (required)
- Aruba Wi-Fi or similar (required)
- Cisco IP Telephony (required)
What’s in it for you?
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, helping transform services that improve the way people and businesses interact. We will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Agilisys offers flexible working and is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. On top of that we offer flexible working and a great corporate benefits scheme:
- Pension Scheme
- Health Insurance
- Being an Employee Owner as part of the EBT
- Life Assurance
- Flexible working
- Access to exclusive discounts and offers with a variety of retail providers through Agilisys “Perks at Work” scheme
Agilisys operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.