Location: Town Hall, Weston super Mare, North Somerset
Permanent: Full Time – 37.5hrs per week
(various shifts between Mon-Fri 8.30-6pm, Sat 9-4pm)
Purpose of the role:
The role is to provide excellent customer service in our Town Hall gateway, welcoming our customers and visitors to the building. Through the floor-walking model, this person will help customers and visitors to access the service that they need during their visit. This role will also provide security support for the gateway team and other staff, using de-escalation techniques where possible. The role will also be responsible for site patrol and CCTV monitoring and for unlocking/locking sites. You will be required to carry out your duties as part of a team, delivering front-line services to all customers of the council across a range of services. Aspects of the role may be physically demanding.
At Agilisys we strive to continuously improve the customer’s experience. We are an employee owned organisation that delivers success through innovation, working with public sector partners to help them transform services that make a real difference to millions of people across the UK. We are one of the UK's most innovative IT services providers, delivering transformation through a suite of world-class citizen-centric technology products as well as centres of operational excellence around the UK.
Key Responsibilities of this role:
- To provide a welcoming and engaging face to face reception service for general council enquiries for visitors, customers and staff, working as part of a team
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of all the services provided through the customer service team so that correct information can be passed on in a friendly and professional manner.
- Manage own workload and use the systems available to efficiently and effectively deliver the service.
- The individual needs to be able to cope well under pressure and provide a good service during busy periods.
- Provide an active and visible security presence acting as a deterrent to incidents of anti-social behaviour, recognising potential hazards and security risks. This will include challenging individuals demonstrating unacceptable behaviour, diffusing the situation using excellent communication and conflict management skills.
- Carry out patrols and floor walking ensuring that only authorised staff and visitors can access buildings, challenging unauthorised access when required.
- Monitor CCTV and surveillance where required, responding to panic alarms when alerted.
- Raise reports of incidents and breaches in security and pass on to relevant management
- Unlock and secure buildings
- Liaise with emergency services as required and undertake first aid roles
SIA or equivalent qualification
Good working knowledge of providing excellent Customer Service
First aid at work or equivalent qualification
This role will be required to undertake a DBS check
Note: This is not a Local Authority post and applicants will need to satisfy themselves with regard to conditions of service.