Who We Are
Addepar’s purpose is to maximize the positive impact of the world’s capital. More than 850 of the world’s leading financial services firms trust Addepar to unlock the power and possibility of informed, data-driven investing and advice. These family offices, wealth managers, banks and institutions use Addepar’s tech and data platform to deliver exceptional value to their clients in a modern, scalable and secure way.
Our clients use Addepar to manage and advise on more than $4 trillion in assets. Our board and investors are some of the best in the business: D1 Capital, WestCap, 8VC and Valor Equity Partners have led our last few rounds.
We’re now expanding Addepar’s business around the globe, with clients in more than 30 countries. We’re constantly doubling down on tech- and data-fueled innovation, and our product and platform roadmap is more ambitious today than ever. We place our clients at the center of everything we do, and see a virtually unlimited set of opportunities to expand our client footprint and deepen the value we can unlock by building together.
Addepar is a Forbes Fintech 50 company and an honored member of the CB Insights Fintech 250. Addepar embraces a global flexible workforce model with offices in Silicon Valley, New York City, Salt Lake City, Chicago, London, England, Edinburgh, Scotland and Pune, India.
*Marketplace and brokerage services provided by Acervus Securities, Inc., an SEC registered broker‑dealer and member FINRA / SIPC.
This position involves critical duties and responsibilities that must continue to be performed during crises and contingency operations, requiring extended work hours. In this position, Addepar is looking for a manager who can lead a team of engineers focusing on site reliability and performance. The team will be agile, being agile and fast-paced by consuming and optimizing readily available technology, collaborating to scale capabilities across business and use cases to ensure high availability and stability of the production environments. This leadership opportunity is to work on complex problems across various domains with subject matter authorities, and software engineer teams by providing reliable, resilient, recoverable, and repeatable technology solutions across the Addepar Platform infrastructure.
What You’ll Do
- Leading teams responsible for customer-facing systems in a high uptime 24-7 environment.
- Handling application, database, network, and OS issues across a distributed large-scale business-critical system.
- Strong Experience leading multi-functional initiatives and thought leadership.
- Administration and oversight of tasks, quality, and delivery of SRE staff projects and work requests.
- Track record of building and running high-performance technology teams.
- 5+ years of management experience leading teams of engineers and experience with performance analysis of large-scale cloud-based application systems.
- Experience delivering high SLA production systems in a Public Cloud environment - using cloud-native architectures.
- Strong experience driving partnerships between SRE, DevOps, and engineering teams to provide four nines' customer outcomes.
- Experience working with senior leaders as part of a broad organizational product development leadership team that focuses on ensuring and delivering customer value.
- Leading production incidents, with experience working towards resolution and team member communication during incidents. The candidate should be adept at prioritizing multiple issues in a fast-paced environment.
- An ideal candidate would have experience leading technical teams through transformation - leading “ops” focused teams on developing engineering capabilities that improve the ability to deliver at scale.
- Excellent problem-solving, critical thinking, and collaboration. Work to support and challenge the team to deliver their best.
- Participate, present, and speak to metrics and uptime performance data in management and executive-level debriefs.
- Build system requirements, design system architecture, and develop an application framework.
Who You Are
- A manager, leader, and mentor with experience in impactful engineering and operations support staff.
- Experience participating in different stages of the entire software life cycle, including requirement analysis, functional solution design, test case preparation, development management, functional testing, and delivery management.
- Experience with navigating DevOps teams and organizations towards enterprise model of improving reliability with automation, testing, and process improvement.
- Experience designing and operating distributed systems and cloud infrastructure at scale.
- Work with development engineering teams on the CICD lifecycle deployments.
- Implementing and iterating on the process to improve outcomes with minimal team disruption.
- Expertise in defining or operating to establish corporate compliance policies, standards, procedures, and supporting industry standards (Soc2, ISO27001, FINRA)
- Interest or experience working across multiple collaborators to drive effective change.
- Excellent problem-solving and critical thinking skills and ability to function and communicate under stressful situations. Participate and lead incident response and root cause analysis efforts for Site Reliability Engineering.
- Strong written and interpersonal skills.
- Act Like an Owner - Think and operate with intention, purpose and care. Own outcomes.
- Build Together - Collaborate to unlock the best solutions. Deliver lasting value.
- Champion Our Clients - Exceed client expectations. Our clients’ success is our success.
- Drive Innovation - Be bold and unconstrained in problem solving. Transform the industry.
- Embrace Learning - Engage our community to broaden our perspective. Bring a growth mindset.
In addition to our core values, Addepar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We seek to bring together diverse ideas, experiences, skill sets, perspectives, backgrounds and identities to drive innovative solutions. We commit to promoting a welcoming environment where inclusion and belonging are held as a shared responsibility.
To ensure the health and safety of all Addepeeps and our prospective candidates, we have instituted a virtual interview and onboarding experience.