Acronis is a world leader in cyber protection—empowering people by providing them with cutting-edge technology that enables them to monitor, control, and protect the data that their businesses and lives depend on. We are in an exciting phase of rapid-growth and expansion and looking for a Senior Cybersecurity Researcher who is ready to join us in creating a #CyberFit future and protecting the digital world!
Acronis provides advanced cyber protection solutions to its customers. As a Cybersecurity Researcher, being part of the global Cyber Protection Operations Center, you will be fighting against modern cyber threats and cybercriminals by dissecting complex campaigns, reverse engineering malicious content, and creating detection logic for Acronis products. As an expert in cyber threats, you will participate in the development of new threat detection technologies, including various automation and machine learning methods.
Every member of our “A-Team” has an instrumental role and impact on the success of Acronis’ innovative and growing business, so we are looking for someone who enjoys working in dynamic, global teams and thrives in a fast-paced and rapidly changing work environment. Just like everyone at Acronis, the ideal candidate will embody all of our company values: responsive, alert, detail-oriented, makes decisions, and never gives up.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Analyze clean and malicious content: executables, scripts, various document formats, websites, memory dumps, vulnerabilities
- Develop, support, and fine-tune threat detection logic and signatures
- Conduct online research of the latest cyber threats and ensure those can be detected by existing in-house technologies
- Contribute to sharing research results in blog posts and articles
- Monitor automated detection pipelines to ensure high detection accuracy
- Support scan engine and product development by participating in joint research projects
- Process escalations of non-detected malicious content or reported false alarms
WHAT YOU BRING (EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS)
- 5+ years experience in malware analysis (executables, scripts, document formats, exploits): static (e.g. IDA Pro, Ghidra), dynamic (e.g. x64dbg, OllyDBG), and behavioral (e.g. Cuckoo, CAPE)
- 3+ years experience working for a well-established security vendor
- Understanding of modern cyber-attack techniques, common types of malware, OS internals (primarily Windows, macOS and Linux ), and network protocols
- Network traffic analysis (Wireshark)
- Extensive experience working with threat intelligence tools and services: VirusTotal, Shodan, Censys, MISP (or similar feed collections), analysis with MITRE ATT&CK framework
- Flexibility and proven ability to learn new things and develop skills fast. Analysis, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Unbeatable curiosity
- Good reading and writing skills in English
- Software development experience: Python, REST APIs, SQL, Regular expressions. C/C++
WHO WE ARE
Acronis is revolutionizing cyber protection by unifying backup, disaster recovery, storage, next-generation anti-malware, and protection management into one solution. This all-in-one integration removes the complexity and risks associated with non-integrated solutions and offers easy, complete and reliable data protection for all workloads, applications, and systems across any environment—all at a low and predictable cost.
Founded in Singapore in 2003 and incorporated in Switzerland in 2008, Acronis now has more than 2,000 employees and offices in 34 locations worldwide. Its solutions are trusted by more than 5.5 million home users and 500,000 companies, and top-tier professional sports teams. Acronis products are available through over 50,000 partners and service providers in over 150 countries and 26 languages.
Acronis is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, marital status, national origin, physical or mental disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.