Acronis is dedicated not just to cyber protection but to the general protection of its potential and current employees, interviews are being held virtually during the current global COVID-19 situation.
Acronis is a world leader in cyber protection empowering people by providing them with cutting-edge technology that enables them to monitor, control, and protect the data that their businesses and lives depend on. We are in an exciting phase of rapid-growth and expansion and looking for a Senior C Developer who is ready to join us in creating a #CyberFit future and protecting the digital world!
We are currently looking for a Senior Software Developer to join our engineering team in our R&D center. The goal of this team is implementing complex, high load technologies related to the Acronis Backup Gateway as a part of the Acronis Cyber Infrastructure, hyper-converged infrastructure solution. The Backup Gateway is responsible for:
• Providing access to shared storage for different users
• Supporting different storage types: Acronis Archive Storage, S3 Object Storage and NFS
• Guaranteeing high availability and great performance with means of geo-replication and proxy engine
• Data migration and load balancing
Backup Gateway is on a critical path for the most of Acronis scenarios. While the component is relatively small, its influence is great and we look for responsible people who could write great code and think systemically.
Every member of our “A-Team” has an instrumental role and impact on the success of Acronis’ innovative and growing business, so we are looking for someone who enjoys working in dynamic, global teams and thrives in a fast-paced and rapidly changing work environment. Just like everyone at Acronis, the ideal candidate will embody all of our company values: responsive, alert, detail-oriented, makes decisions, and never gives up.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Develop and maintain Backup Gateway component in C
- Tune protocols/implementation for the better performance
- Communicate with support engineers and Data Center Operations to solve production problems
- Suggest new features, algorithms and tools to grow component maturity level
- Look for simpler but more powerful solutions; be in love with performance but avoid preliminary optimizations
- Think proactively: not only fix that bug but write new tests and extend diagnostics; not only develop this feature but design how it would be operated and tested.
WHAT YOU BRING (EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS)
- 2+ years of development
- Excellent C
- Experience in popular programming principles (Defensive programming, Fail-Fast, Information Hiding, Command-Query separation, etc)
- Experience in popular engineering tools - Git, Jenkins, Docker
- Basic algorithms (queues, hash tables, rb trees)
- Golang would be plus
- ELK and Graphana would be plus
- Good interpersonal, written communication skills in English
WHO WE ARE
Acronis is revolutionizing cyber protection by integrating backup, disaster recovery, storage, next-generation anti-malware, and protection management into one solution. This all-in-one integration removes the complexity and risks associated with non-integrated solutions and offers easy, complete and reliable data protection for all workloads, applications, and systems across any environment—physical, virtual, cloud, and mobile—all at a low cost.
Founded in Singapore in 2003 and incorporated in Switzerland in 2008, Acronis is truly a global organization with more than 1,900 employees in 33 locations in 18 countries. Its solutions are trusted by more than 5.5 million consumers and 500,000 businesses, including 100% of the Fortune 1000 companies. Acronis products are available through 50,000 partners and service providers in over 150 countries in more than 30 languages. Acronis is in an exciting phase of growth and expansion, recently receiving a $250 million investment from CVC Capital Partners, bringing the total valuation to more than $2.5 billion.
Acronis is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, marital status, national origin, physical or mental disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.