Acronis has pioneered the new IT discipline of Cyber Protection, which combines data protection and cybersecurity into a unique and integrated approach. The Acronis Cyber Protect solution is a ground-breaking approach with innovative technology that is revolutionizing the industry as we know it. Acronis is entering an exciting phase of rapid-growth and expansion, and has recently received a $250 million dollar investment from CVC Capital Partners, bringing our total valuation to more than $2.5 billion. So we are looking for more talented and hard-working individuals who are ready for a new challenge and will join us on our mission to protect the digital world!
We are looking for an experienced and driven Contracts Counsel to join our Legal team.
The Contracts Counsel will primarily be responsible for supporting the General Counsel and Assistant General Counsel by drafting, reviewing and negotiating customer and vendor contracts. The Contracts Counsel has a significant impact on the business and works closely with many different departments across the organization. They coordinate with company stakeholders in departments such as Sales, Marketing, Human Resources, and Informational Technology to help draft, review, and negotiate contracts with customers and vendors. About one quarter of their time will be spent on human resources, litigation, governance, intellectual property, tax and finance and other business support-related matters.
The ideal candidate will be a recent law school graduate. We are willing to train a person who has the right aptitude and the potential to be successful in a corporate legal work environment.
The ideal candidate will also be very detail-oriented, organized, and highly motivated. They must possess a strong work ethic and eagerness to learn. They must be hands-on, dependable, and committed - someone who is results-oriented and can be relied upon to execute organizational goals with the utmost urgency and commitment. Just like every other position here at Acronis, they must embody the five Acronis values: responsive, alert, detail oriented, make decisions, and never give up.
We are looking for the next member of our “A-Team.” Are you a highly-motivated individual who thrives in a fast-paced and high-volume work environment? Do you possess a positive can-do, never-give-up attitude? Do you play nice with others on a team? Are you ready to make an impact?
- Support business customers by drafting, reviewing and negotiating customer and vendor contracts
- Contracts review tasks include:
o Properly identifying the correct legal entity and the correct signatories to contracts
o Reviewing business and legal provisions within the agreement to ensure they conform to the agreed terms
o Drafting and revising contracts to conform to company standards and legal department policies
- Acronis has a lot of interesting work related to other entry-level legal matters that the employee could handle with some supervision at first, and then independently once she/he has developed the proper skill set to handle these tasks independently.
- Prior contracts review and negotiation experience is preferred
- Bachelors degree from an accredited EU law school and admission to the Bulgarian bar
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Experience in a law firm, legal department, software or high-tech company is preferred, but not required
- Excellent academic credentials
- Sales experience (dealing with customers)
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail
- Energetic and motivated, with the work ethic and drive to work with a small team to support a large organization
- Flexibility and understanding that Acronis is not a 9-5 job, that Acronis has a start-up mentality, and that we all must work hard together in order to succeed
- Quick learner, with the eagerness to grow and become independent
- Excellent oral and written communication skills