As Acronis is dedicated not just to Cyber Protection but to the general protection of its potential and current employees, recruitment and onboarding process are being held online during the current global COVID-19 situation.
Acronis leads the world in cyber protection - solving safety, accessibility, privacy, authenticity, and security (SAPAS) challenges with innovative backup, security, disaster recovery, and enterprise file sync and share solutions that run in hybrid cloud environments: on-premises, in the cloud, or at the edge. Enhanced by AI technologies and blockchain-based data authentication, Acronis protects all data, applications and systems in any environment, including physical, virtual, cloud, and mobile.
With dual headquarters in Switzerland and Singapore, Acronis protects the data of more than 5 million consumers and 500,000 businesses in over 150 countries and 20 languages.
At Acronis, we are currently looking for a support technical expert in specific Company’s products or services. Be the person responsible for resolving the customers’ technical incidents using your own expertise and extensive cooperation with the Company’s Engineering departments. Craft solutions, submit bug reports, coordinate complex tasks with other teams (Engineering, QA, DCO, Product Management), communicate with the customers to their complete satisfaction.
- Troubleshoot both software and hardware for complex scenarios, direct access to the infrastructure in both Acronis and customers' environments
- Perform technical analysis of customer issues and define plan for fixing them
- Stay abreast of the latest changes, trends and technological advancements in the industry (Cloud, Storage, Virtualization, Business Applications, etc.)
- Direct involvement with the product and engineering teams
- Provide technical advice to junior staff members and review technical results, evaluations and analyses
- Create Knowledge Base articles, best practice guides and other documentation
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Fluent English (both verbal and written, Upper Intermediate as minimum)
- Ability to describe the details on technical issues in all their complexity when needed
- 4 or more years of work experience in an applicable industry and role
- Great communication skills and customer focus, ability to prioritize and switch between a variety of time-sensitive issues
- Responsibility and incident management
- Network professional (know how to use Wireshark, tcpdump, iperf; experience with deploying and configuring services like DHCP, DNS, L2TP/IPSEC/Open VPN, HTTP servers)
- Windows Server professional (know how to gather and analyze various Windows logs and dumps; application level troubleshooting with Procmon and Process Explorer) or Linux/UNIX professional (application and configuration management; RHCSA as a baseline; CLI power user)
- Virtualization professional (know how to deploy and manage Virtual Machines on VMware ESXi / Microsoft Hyper-V clusters) is a plus
- Business applications professional (should be familiar with one or more of the following: MS Exchange, MS SQL, MySQL, Oracle DB, Citrix XenApp, NTP servers)
- Passion for troubleshooting, ability to come up with efficient solutions for unordinary issues