Who is Accela:
Accela is an industry-leading cloud/web/mobile based software company that was recently honored with the ‘Great Place to Work’ certification and is one of the leading GovTech 100 companies.
For more than 15 years, Accela has been the industry leader in designing and delivering productivity and engagement software solutions to help government agencies to be their best. Accela provides a cloud-based SaaS platform suite of products that help local/State/Federal government and Civic agencies serve local communities more efficiently and effectively.
Accela’s software drives efficiency for over 2,200 governments and is accessible to more than 160 million citizens worldwide. More than 80% of America’s 50 largest cities such as New York, San Diego, San Francisco, Miami, and Denver have implemented at least one of Accela’s many solutions.
Accela offers employees a culture that emphasizes performance, productivity and collaboration. You can’t help but feel empowered, engaged and motivated when you work with like-minded individuals who are driven and passionate about contributing to a market-leading, high-growth software organization with proven technology.
While we are busy changing the world, we also strongly believe in having fun and excitement at work, and encourage a collaborative and healthy work-life balance.
If you are motivated by the idea of delivering on the promise of democracy in the digital age and solving for a new era of more efficient, open and innovative governance, then we’d love to hear from you.
Where you fit:
Become a member of the Accela Global Revenue team. We are seeking an experienced Revenue Recognition Manager that will be responsible for providing technical accounting analysis in accordance with U.S. GAAP and Company policies, as well as help streamline and automate the Quote to Cash process. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, a great communicator, have a positive and “can do” attitude, and who thrives in a dynamic fast-paced environment. The candidate will work with various cross functional teams, and own and drive projects to completion. This position reports to the Director of Revenue.
Impact you will make in the role:
- Review contracts in the draft negotiation stage for revenue recognition implications, and provide guidance and assistance to cross-functional departments to ensure optimal revenue recognition in line with the Company’s forecast
- Own global recurring revenue
- Complete month-end close activities and accurate reporting of key revenue data
- Prepare and review reconciliations, JEs, Fluxes and other key processes within the worldwide revenue close process
- Work closely with business partners to streamline processes and improve efficiency utilizing Salesforce.com, OpenAir, Netsuite, etc.
- Maintain continuous mindset for process efficiency and partner with IT to facilitate those improvements
- Partner with Quote-to-Cash cross functional teams (Sales, Legal, Sales Ops, Order Management and Billing, PS Ops) to ensure all fully executed agreements are properly booked and recognized in our systems to ensure accuracy in quarterly metrics
- Work closely and coordinate with members within Revenue Team to ensure processes are consistent, and multiple element arrangements are recognized accurately
- Perform VSOE/BESP studies
- Maintain an eye on controls for implementing SOX in the future
- Draft revenue recognition policies and memos
- Lead other special projects and ad hoc reporting requests as needed
- Participate in audits
Expertise you will bring in:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance
- CPA required; Big 4 experience preferred
- 8+ years experience in Revenue Recognition and hands on Revenue Accounting Experience with SaaS/Software industry
- A highly productive self-starter with very strong work ethic and commitment to excellence.
- Strong accountability and detail oriented; prepares accurate and timely work product.
- Ability to work independently and thrive, and be a team player.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and messaging skills.
- Superior organization skills and the ability to priortize
- Ability to adapt to the rapid business and organizational changes that accompany a high-growth environment.
- Capable of moving between a variety of roles with ease with working with cross functional teams.
- Understand global quote-to-cash business processes and best practices.
- Advanced Excel skills, Salesforce.com, Netsuite a must.
- Understand ASC 605 and 605-985 in depth.
- Understanding of ASC 606 preferred.
- Experience in implementing ERPs or fixing poor implementations preferred
Benefits and Perks:
Beyond a stellar work environment, great people and inspiring, innovative work, we have some great benefits and perks:
- Competitive salaries
- 401(k) with company match
- Medical, dental and vision coverage for you and your family, along with other wellness and disability plans
- 11 paid holidays and a competitive and flexible paid time off policy
- Catered lunches, fully stocked kitchens, walking trails and nearby access to restaurants, food trucks and farmer’s markets in some of our locations
Accela is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.