Who is Accela:
Accela is an industry-leading cloud/web/mobile based software company that was recently honored with the ‘Great Place to Work’ certification and is one of the leading GovTech 100 companies.
For more than 15 years, Accela has been the industry leader in designing and delivering productivity and engagement software solutions to help government agencies to be their best. Accela provides a cloud-based SaaS platform suite of products that help local/State/Federal government and Civic agencies serve local communities more efficiently and effectively.
Accela’s software drives efficiency for over 2,200 governments and is accessible to more than 160 million citizens worldwide. More than 80% of America’s 50 largest cities such as New York, San Diego, San Francisco, Miami, and Denver have implemented at least one of Accela’s many solutions.
Accela offers employees a culture that emphasizes performance, productivity and collaboration. You can’t help but feel empowered, engaged and motivated when you work with like-minded individuals who are driven and passionate about contributing to a market-leading, high-growth software organization with proven technology.
While we are busy changing the world, we also strongly believe in having fun and excitement at work, and encourage a collaborative and healthy work-life balance.
If you are motivated by the idea of delivering on the promise of democracy in the digital age and solving for a new era of more efficient, open and innovative governance, then we’d love to hear from you.
Where you fit:
Accela product managers are responsible for the success of our government automation and citizen interaction software products from inception through development and release, continuing with ongoing maintenance and enhancement. Product managers proactively work with customers and prospects to incorporate product feedback with their in-depth knowledge of changing industry and technology trends. They ensure Accela products exceed the needs of our customers and remain the most innovative in the industry. Further, they collaborate with multiple teams at Accela to ensure our customers are aware of and trained on new products and product enhancements.
The Senior Director, Product Management (Platform Technologies) is responsible for strategy, product direction, evangelism, go to market planning, execution, and product team leadership for platform components and initiatives crossing all of Accela’s products. This role serves the needs of both internal product engineering teams, building a variety of products and tools supporting state and local governments, as well as external development partners and customer technical staff who provides customizations and add-ons to our suite of products. The Senior Director will lead a team responsible for all aspects of our platform including identity management & security, API/SDK, reusable UI components, workflow & collaboration, messaging, mobility standards, GIS, data governance, as well as non-functional requirement standards that will serve as the benchmarks for all teams.
- Evangelize products among customers, prospects, partners, and colleagues. Meet with customers, prospects, and partners to discuss product capabilities and roadmap.
- Set the direction for platform technologies and components across all Accela products.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to build a robust technology platform identity for Accela.
- Proactively work with customers, prospects, partners, the sales organization, and the professional services organization to identify enhancement themes and new opportunities. Guide product managers to ensure these are factored into the roadmap.
- Conduct market research regarding government technology and platform technology trends.
- Keep current regarding Accela’s product line and competitor products.
- Mentor product managers, assisting them with growth in product management best practices and subject matter expertise.
- Collaborate with peers to define cross-product strategy.
- Work in lock step with product marketing to ensure your products are marketed, with training to ensure appropriate courses and collateral are created, and sales to provide them sufficient insight to position your product with customers and prospects.
Skills & experience to bring:
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize market information and customer research to drive business planning and strategy.
- 10 or more years managing web-based products required, including time in a leadership capacity.
- Within that experience, should have a minimum of 5 years’ experience managing platform technologies and developer communities.
- You are a skilled presenter, capable of explaining complex ideas to both technical and non-technical groups of up to 3000 people. You enjoy public speaking and seek out opportunities to share our platform strategy with others.
- Detail-oriented and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience developing and detailing software product requirements, building implementation plans, and leading teams to deliver on the vision of a product. Experience managing products in an agile development environment required.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams, including product management, development, quality assurance, support, marketing and sales.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and be able to influence cross-functional teams to meet product goals.
- Flexible and able to adapt within a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, computer science, or an engineering discipline required. MBA preferred.