Who is Accela:
Accela is an industry-leading cloud/web/mobile based software company that was recently honored with the ‘Great Place to Work’ certification and is one of the leading GovTech 100 companies.
For more than 15 years, Accela has been the industry leader in designing and delivering productivity and engagement software solutions to help government agencies to be their best. Accela provides a cloud-based SaaS platform suite of products that help local/State/Federal government and Civic agencies serve local communities more efficiently and effectively.
Accela’s software drives efficiency for over 2,200 governments and is accessible to more than 160 million citizens worldwide. More than 80% of America’s 50 largest cities such as New York, San Diego, San Francisco, Miami, and Denver have implemented at least one of Accela’s many solutions.
Accela offers employees a culture that emphasizes performance, productivity and collaboration. You can’t help but feel empowered, engaged and motivated when you work with like-minded individuals who are driven and passionate about contributing to a market-leading, high-growth software organization with proven technology.
While we are busy changing the world, we also strongly believe in having fun and excitement at work, and encourage a collaborative and healthy work-life balance.
If you are motivated by the idea of delivering on the promise of democracy in the digital age and solving for a new era of more efficient, open and innovative governance, then we’d love to hear from you.
Where you fit:
Accela product managers are responsible for the success of our government automation and citizen interaction software products from inception through development and release, continuing with ongoing maintenance and enhancement. Product managers proactively work with customers and prospects to incorporate product feedback with their in-depth knowledge of changing industry and technology trends. They ensure Accela products exceed the needs of our customers and remain the most innovative in the industry.
The Director, Product Management is responsible for strategy, product direction, go to market planning, and team leadership for Accela Finance and Administration products. This role involves a mix of both product advancement and team mentoring and development.
Impact you will make in the role (Responsibilities):
- Set the strategic direction for Accela’s Finance and Administration products by identifying and quantifying market opportunities.
- Maintain up to date knowledge regarding market and technology trends as well as the Accela product line and competitor products.
- Proactively work with customers, prospects, the sales organization, and the professional services organization to identify enhancement themes and new opportunities. Work with product managers to ensure these are factored into the roadmap.
- Evangelize your products among customers, prospects, and colleagues. Meet with customers and prospects to discuss product capabilities and roadmap.
- Lead your team in prioritizing the enhancement backlog to optimize customer satisfaction and prospect take rate.
- Mentor product managers, assisting them with growth in product management best practices and subject matter expertise.
- Collaborate with peers to define cross-product strategy.
- Work in lock step with product marketing to ensure your products are marketed, with training to ensure appropriate courses and collateral are created, and sales to provide them sufficient insight to position your product with customers and prospects.
- 10 or more years managing web-based products in the ERP/finance space required, including experience with general ledger, accounts payable/receivable, bank reconciliation, asset depreciation, and payroll capabilities, among others. Experience serving the state and local government space is preferred.
- Should have 5 years’ experience working directly with company and customer executive leadership.
- Experience developing and detailing software product requirements, building implementation plans, creating go to market plans, and leading teams to deliver on the vision of a product.
- Detail-oriented and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams, including product management, development, quality assurance, support, marketing and sales.
- Flexible and able to adapt within a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and be able to influence cross-functional teams to meet product goals.
- Should be comfortable presenting to groups of 10 to 500.
- Experience managing products in an agile development environment required.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, computer science, or an engineering discipline required. MBA preferred.
Benefits and Perks:
Beyond a stellar work environment, great people and inspiring, innovative work, we have some great benefits and perks:
- Competitive salaries
- 401(k) with company match and stock plans to all employees
- Medical, dental and vision coverage for you and your family, along with other wellness and disability plans
- 11 paid holidays and a competitive and flexible paid time off policy
- Catered lunches, fully stocked kitchens, walking trails and nearby access to restaurants, food trucks and farmer’s markets in some of our locations
Accela is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.