About the Role:
The customer success manager is responsible for jointly building with a customer a Major Accounts Plan which is a 3-5 year customer roadmap document. This will include working with the customer’s executive team to build out KPI’s that in their view represents a successful deployment and the goals they expect to attain with long term usage. Includes bringing industry best practices to bear in this process. The CSM will also work with sales, services and support to coordinate different aspects of the plan, as well as coordinate customer activities such as customer focused quarterly business review. A key aspect of the customer plan is the “as is” state of the customers health, (red/yellow/green) with the maintenance of green status or the progression to green.
Impact you will make in the role (Responsibilities):
- Developing the customer roadmap will drive customer satisfaction, renewal and growth.
- Command of a room; dynamic meeting management with fluctuating audience. Ability to read the audience including technical depth in room, read between the lines through discovery and probing to drive definitive outcomes and decisions
- Account farming skills - being able to identify license and delivery opportunities and partner with the sales organization throughout a deal process
- Ability to apply broad Accela product knowledge to uncover additional opportunities for further penetration of an account.
- Business Acumen & Technical Acumen: Ability to distinguish between business requirements and technical requirements. He/she should be able to educate others on translation of what the customer ""wants"" vs. what is the right answer based on outcomes.
Expertise you will bring in (Skills and Qualifications):
- Experience (3+ yrs) with some form of regulatory business processes and the KPI’s upon which these processes are judged. This will be a key aspect of the Customer Success Plan.
- Understands licensing, service requests, work orders, business licensing, right of way management, asset management and land management
- Accela Civic Platform administration preferred
- Experience with Enterprise Software Customer Success Engagement Models
- Knowledge of Accela's Civic App Solutions which offer standardization of solutions based upon industry best practices, instead of custom/ad-hoc solution
- Self Start/Teach: Specific to Accela product - leverage onboarding tools and trainings.
- Knowledge of Accela language and terminology preferred
- Ability to lead meetings and manage large audiences with diverse stakeholders
- Ability to diffuse difficult situations
- Strong listening and presentation skills
- Ability to influence customer's change management needs in relation to workflow and business processes by bringing industry best practices and other customer examples on how to efficiently streamline workflow
- Must have strong presentation skills
Accela is the industry pioneer in government licensing, permitting, service request, and inspection solutions, with more than 20 years of experience. We offer cloud based Civic Applications and a robust, scalable solutions platform informed by industry best practices. In short, Accela helps governments innovate, so they can improve the business and citizen experience, promoting community development and creating an environment where citizens and businesses thrive.
At Accela, employees enjoy a culture that emphasizes performance, productivity and collaboration. You can’t help but feel empowered and motivated when you work with like-minded individuals who are passionate about contributing to a market-leading, high-growth software organization with proven technology.
Accela is a place where everyone can grow. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.