About this role:
As a Database Engineer, you will work as an individual contributor delivering exceptional customer experiences and leading the implementation of critical features to accelerate the delivery of Accela’s products – both on the web and mobile. You will be part of the Cloud Operations DBA team supporting production, and assisting engineering in developing new features and capabilities built on Ionic framework.
You will have daily exposure to a range of technical challenges and customer experiences which will stretch and develop your technical and leadership skills. You are a problem solver who has a passion for delivering high quality software and crazy about providing attention to details.
Impact you will make in the role (Responsibilities):
• Key member of high performance Cloudops DBA team.
• Develop process to transform legacy operations and process in to cloud native process.
• Develop Accela’s next generation Civic application platform.
• Work closely with a cross-functional team of developers, designers, and QA engineers to deliver high quality database services.
• Collaborate with developers to perform database design reviews, database code reviews for high performance.
• Optimize the databases to maximize speed and scale.
• Perform system wide analysis to ensure the proposed solution is the best-in-class without causing any negative impact.
Expertise you will bring in:
• 7+ years of relevant work experience in production.
• 3+ years of Azure / Cloud experience.
• Experienced in all aspects of database management.
o SQL Server Availability Groups
o SQL Server Log shipping, Replication and Database Mirroring
o SQL Server HA / DR
o Performance tuning and troubleshooting
o Backup and Recovery
• Mastery in Windows System Administration and Windows clustering
• Expertise in creating, editing and maintaining PowerShell scripts.
• Experience in managing 24x7 production database systems.
• Ability to remediate operational performance of database processes, including:
o System Health/Monitor: DB Monitoring – Ignite / App Dynamics.
• Ability to create automated remediation.
• Independent thinker with creative, resourceful and proactive problem-solving skills.
• Experience with Data migration between database platforms like Oracle and SQL Server is a plus.
• Experience with SSRS, Power Bi and Crystal Reports is a plus.
• Experience with Data warehouse and ETL processing is a plus.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in a related field.
Who we are:
Accela is a SaaS based company that powers governments to govern their future. Accela cares about creating partnerships with our customers. Our software has many applications such as, reducing wait times, reducing costs, streamlining processes and breaking down silos. We help solve the challenges of today for a better tomorrow.
Accela is a place where everyone can grow. So, however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come to work every day. Our employees are proud to be making a difference in the government sector. By joining Accela, you will join a network of passionate employees, customers and partners. Each employee in every department plays a vital role in making the company successful. We hope you will join us!
Benefits and Perks:
• 401(k) with company match
• Medical, dental and vision coverage for you and your family, along with other wellness and disability plans
• 13 paid holidays and a responsible time off policy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.