Who is Accela:
Accela is the industry pioneer in government licensing, permitting, service request, and inspection solutions, with more than 20 years of experience. We offer fast-to-implement Civic Applications, and a robust, scalable, and extensible solutions platform informed by industry best practices. We help governments innovate, so they can improve business and people experiences & outcomes, promote community development, ensure public safety & trust, and create an environment where the people and businesses thrive.
Accela offers employees a culture that emphasizes performance, productivity and collaboration. You can’t help but feel empowered, engaged and motivated when you work with individuals who are driven and passionate about contributing to a market-leading, high-growth software organization with proven technology. While we are busy changing the world, we also strongly believe in having fun at work and fostering a collaborative and healthy environment for all.
If you have a desire to work together to solve real-world problems, we want to speak with you!
About the role:
Accela is looking for an experienced Sr. HR Business Partner to join our team. Reporting to the Director, HR Business Partners, you will be joining a highly collaborative team that works hard together, supports each other, and delivers results. You will be responsible for driving and delivering strategic people programs and business partnerships that help leaders foster an environment for happy, high-performing teams to thrive. Responsibilities will include:
• Contribute to the development and execution of people programs such as performance management, organizational design, manager enablement, coaching, employee engagement, change management and diversity, equity, and inclusion (DE&I)
• Serve as a partner and thought leader on people and organization topics, contributing at both strategic and hands-on levels
• Partner with the business to design and deliver targeted solutions in alignment with the overarching company and HR strategy
• Build trusted relationships and credibility within your business groups and across other organizations
• Translate business needs to HR leadership and keep business leadership updated on all HR programs and processes
• Work with business leaders to effectively execute workforce planning (headcount, hiring, capacity planning, etc.)
• Aid in the protection and scale of a healthy Accela culture while monitoring the “pulse” of the organization to ensure a high level of employee engagement
• Address and manage employee relations issues proactively, fairly and thoroughly
Expertise you will bring:
• Minimum of 8 years of HRBP experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or equivalent experience
• Strong HR Business Partner experience, preferably in the software market
• Solid experience across multiple HR functional areas (development, training, compensation, performance management, retention, operations, etc.)
• Ability to develop and deliver scalable people programs that are consistent with the strategic needs of the business and continue to build a great employee experience
• Experience in employee and leadership development, employee relations, employee engagement, and change management
• Strong understanding of state and federal labor laws
• Excellent follow-through and judgment
• Experience delivering results within a global business
• Ability to work independently in a constantly changing environment
• A team player who thrives in collaborative environments, partners across all departments and levels and who wants to have fun while getting things done
• A “hands-on” doer with a strong attention to detail
Accela is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.