About the role:
The SaaS Business Development Representative (BDR) is responsible for executing outbound calling campaigns to targeted prospects. Responsible for attaining key data to qualify the prospect and generating “sales ready” qualified leads for the Accela BDE sales team to close new business. Position works closely with both Marketing and Sales. Leads are subject to acceptance by sales based on defined criteria according to the established sales process.
Impact you will make in the role (Responsibilities):
• Engage with prospective customers via outbound activity including email campaigns, social media and cold calling.
• Proactively contact via outbound calling target prospects in support of sales and marketing campaign initiatives.
• Achieve targeted demand generation goals including internal SLAs, volume and frequency of contacts, qualified leads / opportunities generated, lead conversion percentage, bookings and campaign metrics.
• Secure key customer information to identify qualified “sales ready” leads and prospective customers to be nurtured for future opportunities.
• Qualify the prospect, set appointments and team with the field Sales team on the opportunity details to close.
• Professionally communicate with all appropriate levels of decision makers and influencers internally and externally with prospects and clients.
• Present the Accela value proposition including solutions, features and functionality at a high level to increase buyer interest.
• Expertly research companies and contacts via the internet and other sales resources to determine who the highest-quality prospects are.
• Demonstrate comfort executing live call-handling in a sales call center environment.
Expertise you will bring in (Skills and Qualifications):
• 5+ years of experience selling enterprise wide solutions (both software and services) to local government agencies or the private sector
• Industry domain knowledge
• Strong interpersonal communication skills and ability to achieve set goals and deadlines
• Understanding of project delivery and coordination with delivery teams
• Track record of consistently meeting or exceeding quota
• Demonstrated prospecting skills
• Familiarity with government sales cycles and decision processes
Who we are:
Accela is the industry pioneer in government licensing, permitting, service request, and inspection solutions, with more than 20 years of experience. We offer cloud based Civic Applications and a robust, scalable solutions platform informed by industry best practices. In short, Accela helps governments innovate, so they can improve the business and citizen experience, promoting community development and creating an environment where citizens and businesses thrive.
At Accela, employees enjoy a culture that emphasizes performance, productivity and collaboration. You can’t help but feel empowered and motivated when you work with like-minded individuals who are passionate about contributing to a market-leading, high-growth software organization with proven technology. Accela is a place where everyone can grow. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.