About the Role:
In short, the Manager - Field & Account Based Marketing at Accela is responsible for building and implementing account-based and field marketing plans in partnership with a strong sales organization in the East, and great marketing colleagues at HQ! In your region, your work will also increase awareness of, and preference for, Accela as a leader in the govtech space; as well as leverage the reach of partners in the region.
The Manager - Field & Account Based Marketing is responsible for planning, executing, and measuring a range of multi-touch marketing programs for key territories and accounts in the Eastern United States. You will partner with sales and marketing leadership, as well as sales and marketing operations and product marketing, to identify these targets with the highest propensity to buy and strongest product fit.
Impact you will make in the role (Responsibilities):
• Lead field marketing efforts and support demand generation in the East region.
• Plan, execute and optimize account-based campaign plays (both one-to-one and one-to-few) in close partnership with the field to create and progress pipeline in target accounts – both net new agencies and existing customers.
• Facilitate customer growth, retention, and advocacy goals through supporting customer-targeted programs such as user groups, customer success briefings, reference program and more in partnership with program owners.
• Provide region-focused support on broader demand generation and digital programs.
• Work with marketing peers in events, partner marketing and marcom to execute field (now virtual) events and other new business programs.
• Together with sales enablement, product marketing and marketing peers, ensure the field has the knowledge and tools to drive engagement in campaigns and effectively convert leads to opportunities.
• Work closely with partner marketing to scale the reach and impact of marketing activities via Accela’s partner ecosystem and support partners’ business goals.
• Measure and report out on all campaign results and ROI. Utilize metrics to recommend future plans and programs based on results.
Expertise you’ll bring (Skills and Qualifications):
• Market segmentation and prioritization, and associated data and insight gathering and analysis
• Sales methodology and account management structure and processes
• Strong experience in demand creation and campaign execution – especially in support of large product portfolios and long sales cycles
• Goal-setting, understanding of monthly and quarterly marketing planning process, as well as account-specific marketing planning
• Ability to forge and maintain strong working relationships at all levels within your region’s field sales (Business Development Executives, Account Executives, Strategic Account Executives)
• Skills in influence, persuasion, problem-solving and collaboration skills
• Proficiency with Marketo and Salesforce – including working knowledge of how to orchestrate, customize and execute campaigns and to use dashboards to track and measure performance
• A self-starter mentality with strong project management and multi-tasking skills
• Strong oral and written communication
• Familiarity with marketing and selling to regulated industries, especially government, a strong plus
Accela is the industry pioneer in government licensing, permitting, service request, and inspection solutions, with more than 20 years of experience. We offer cloud based Civic Applications and a robust, scalable solutions platform informed by industry best practices. In short, Accela helps governments innovate, so they can improve the business and citizen experience, promoting community development and creating an environment where citizens and businesses thrive.
At Accela, employees enjoy a culture that emphasizes performance, productivity and collaboration. You can’t help but feel empowered and motivated when you work with like-minded individuals who are passionate about contributing to a market-leading, high-growth software organization with proven technology.
Accela is a place where everyone can grow. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day.
Accela is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action/Disability and Veteran Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.