About this role:
This role will ensure Accela can reach and influence it’s Total Addressable Market as effectively and efficiently as possible.
The Marketing Database Analyst will primarily be responsible for growing, enriching, and managing the Accela database of marketable customer and prospect contacts and segments, as well as analyzing and reporting out on marketing performance.
Reporting to the Senior Vice President, Marketing, this individual will partner with Field Marketing, Marketing Ops, Sales, Sales Ops, Product Marketing, and leadership to define database growth strategies, evaluate and implement tools to assist in cleaning and normalizing the database, and will team closely with Demand Gen peers to identify effective audience segments to target for various marketing activities and strategies. The ideal candidate will have a strong working knowledge of marketing and understands how lead generation activities support sales efforts.
You will own and manage the marketing database, including all its data, processes, and reporting, including matching data from different sources against the existing marketing database, as well as refreshing segmentation, tiering, profiling, job functions, contact data and ensuring all scores and models remain up to date. You will maintain and improve the quality of the marketing dataset through the development of automated processes and managing manual cleansing processest,
You will also be responsible for producing, automating, and maintaining marketing performance reporting and analysis – using the existing tools of Salesforce, Marketo, and Power BI. Both marketing KPIs and business impact metrics will be tracked. In addition, you will maintain and update marketing data governance practices.
Impact you will make in the role (Responsibilities):
- Maintain Accela prospect and customer databases to ensure their cleanliness, organization, accuracy, and completeness.
- Design campaign lists targeting customer and prospect segments to generate and optimize quality leads for marketing campaigns.
- Work with marketing and sales stakeholders to document and streamline operational functions across tools to ensure that data is captured, tracked, and reported correctly and consistently.
- Work closely with cross-functional team members to develop and implement strategies to grow the marketable database in desired segments and support customer acquisition and expansion strategies.
- Conduct routine, in-depth assessments of the database to determine areas of needed growth and hygiene, provide recommendations for improvement, and implement.
- Works and consults with marketing peers on future strategies, and responds to list selection requests for direct marketing campaigns, research efforts, adhoc reports and issue analysis.
- Researches and documents variances in campaign volumes month to month, maintaining all relevant performance reporting.
- Creates robust controls for list generation, and ensures all data capture needs are met, through contact history, including file hygiene and offer history.
- Partners with internal teams to ensure the integrity of data in the direct-to-consumer marketing data warehouse.
- Partner with internal Marketo team to investigate data sync issues between Salesforce and Marketo and provide improvement process and workflow recommendations.
- Import new prospect data and update current customer data.
- Develop analytic reports and appropriate dashboards to track database status.
- Support routine, quarterly, annual and ad-hoc reporting of Marketing progress towards goals.
- Work with 3rdparty vendors (e.g. list acquisition agencies, data cleansing/appending agencies).
- Determine the set of tools, automation, and processes needed to scale with the business.
Expertise you will bring in (Skills and Qualifications):
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience working in a marketing database or marketing analytics role, preferably in a SaaS company and / or regulated industry
- Superior working knowledge of marketing and database quality best practices, and best-in-class data hygiene practices
- Power user of Microsoft Power BI or similar business intelligence tool
- Power user of Salesforce.com, prior role as an Admin a plus
- Good working knowledge of Marketo or comparable marketing automation tool
- Power user of Microsoft Excel
- Demonstrated success presenting large datasets in a clear and compelling manner that inspires action by sales and marketing
- Proven history of collaboration and creative problem solving while working independently and in cross functional teams
- Ability to translate campaign strategies into data extract files and support campaign projects across multiple channels
- Ability to conduct campaign performance analysis and communicate results to cross-functional teams
- Ability to analyze and interpret data to make recommendations based on analysis and expertise
- Strength prioritizing and organizing effectively in order to manage multiple tasks at one time
- Ability to work well with people from all areas of the organization, many different disciplines and varying degrees of technical and business experience.
Accela is the industry pioneer in government licensing, permitting, service request, and inspection solutions, with more than 20 years of experience. We offer cloud based Civic Applications and a robust, scalable solutions platform informed by industry best practices. In short, Accela helps governments innovate, so they can improve the business and citizen experience, promoting community development and creating an environment where citizens and businesses thrive.
At Accela, employees enjoy a culture that emphasizes performance, productivity and collaboration. You can’t help but feel empowered and motivated when you work with like-minded individuals who are passionate about contributing to a market-leading, high-growth software organization with proven technology.
Accela is a place where everyone can grow. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.