In this role:
The job of the Manager, Solution Architecture is to take complex government processes and architect intuitive, easy-to-use packaged solutions on the Accela Civic Platform. In a Manager, Solution Architecture role, you will be the owner of your solutions from end to end, including design, implementation, packaging, publishing and tracking adoption. Your solutions will be used by local and federal government agencies across the world.
The Manager, Solution Architecture is a subject matter expert in three or more categories that may include: government process, application architecture, database & reporting, integration, security, cloud computing, mobility, and analytics.
With a broad IT background including Solution Architecture, technical infrastructure, cloud computing, the software development process (SDLC), and user experience design, the Manager, Solution Architecture will provide technical oversight to all projects within Accela Professional Services Portfolio.
The Manager, Solution Architecture will also participate in decisions on best practices, packaged solution libraries, delivery tool development, educational/training sessions, and industry events for existing customers, partners and to internal teams.
• Drive success as a leader in the permitting and licensing industry
• Build, train, and lead your own team of direct reports
• Work with key stakeholders across multiple local and state governments
• Be a functional contributor to succession planning, career progression, and overall opportunity development of yourself and your team
• Understand the customer needs and establish the best solutions that address the technical and business requirements
• Always design with a focus on user experience
• Work closely with Delivery Managers, Consultants, Partners and directly with customers to architect technology solutions that meet the customer’s needs
• Take ownership of the solutions from end to end, including architecting, testing, documenting, packaging and publishing
• Deliver redistributable packaged solutions to be used by customers all over the world
• Define best practices and delivery standards
• Mentor the project teams, enforce best practices and ensure all solutions deliver a positive user experience
• Serve as a trusted advisor to the customer and the project team
• Manage customer expectations and drive adoption of the solutions delivered
• Conduct architecture and technical workshops
• Work closely with Product and Engineering teams to productize proven packaged solutions
• Mentor and guide Architects
You should have:
• B.S. Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent work experience
• An understanding of UI/UIX design thinking
• A good understanding of the architectural principles of cloud based platforms including SaaS, multi-tenancy, multi-tiered infrastructure and application servers
• Understanding of cloud offerings and ability to discuss cloud architectures
• A good understanding of enterprise application integration, data migration (ETL), business intelligence
• Architectural and development experience of Web Services, responsive web design and mobile apps
• Understanding of the principles of network, application and information security
• Ability to lead customer facing sessions that result in a clear understanding of the requirements
• Previous practitioner or implementation experience of the Accela Civic Platform
• Experience with a professional consulting organization (e.g. Big 5 consulting)
• Government domain knowledge and experience
• Excellent customer facing skills with the ability to explain technical items to non-technical users
• Practical leadership and management skills
• Proven history of leading key initiatives
Who we are:
Accela is a SaaS based company that powers governments to govern their future. Accela cares about creating partnerships with our customers. Our software has many applications such as, reducing wait times, reducing costs, streamlining processes and breaking down silos. We help solve the challenges of today for a better tomorrow.
Accela is a place where everyone can grow. So, however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come to work every day. Our employees are proud to be making a difference in the government sector. By joining Accela, you will join a network of passionate employees, customers and partners. Each employee in every department plays a vital role in making the company successful. We hope you will join us!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.