About this role:
As a Performance Test Engineer in Test Engineering Group, part of an Engineering division, focusing performance engineering to ensure system reliability, capacity and scalability of the API Gateway Services, Mobile & SaaS applications. In this role, you will have exposure to a set of application performance problems, understanding performance bottlenecks and assists in perform performance engineering and performance improvement activities. You will take primary responsibility in building technical performance testing solutions, performance test scripts development in-line with Agile development, execution and collect performance data from systems for analysis. This is a largely green field opportunity to join this team and make a large impact application performance and scalability and availability by developing performance engineering measures.
In this role you will:
- Develop solutions to evaluate and improve performance and scalability of SaaS / Platform/Web Applications
- Assists in successful launch of scalable API Gateway services, Mobile Apps, SaaS applications Releases, Engineering Initiatives, alignment for Cloud deployments
- Participate in performance requirements analysis, design, effort estimation, testing and delivery of scalable and SaaS solutions.
- Write test designs, review with peers and develop solutions for improving performance of SaaS Applications
- Interact with product management, development, customer support, integration team and peers to collect and develop expected performance workloads. Responsible for designing and implementing relevant simulators to ingest large scale data.
- Develop tools and software applications using JMeter, Load Runner and Python/Java to automate simulation of expected user workloads to identify performance bottlenecks and Usage of monitoring tools like Datadog and Windows and Database monitoring tools.
- Participate in design and evaluation of new tools, techniques and technologies for performance engineering.
- Product focused mindset and detailed root cause analysis of test failures, and performance and scalability issues.
- Predict and resolve issues, bottlenecks, and risks expected to arise during the performance testing.
- Experience in collaborating with Network, Database, Ops, Security and other teams in evaluating Functional & performance issues and building performance test solutions
- Collaborate with cross functional and support team to identify, log, triage, root-cause, and communicate defects using established tools like JIRA
- Mentor other members of the team through collaboration and knowledge sharing
- Ability to Interpret product architecture and system design based on APIs and Java
- Ability to work with cross functional teams geographically located by constantly building easy-to-use test frameworks
You should have:
- 6+ Years of Strong Performance engineering experience for Gateway Services, Mobile and SaaS applications
- Masters/ Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Engineering and any related discipline.
- Strong analytical, debugging and problem-solving skills
- Hands on development experience with JMeter, Load Runner, Python/Java, SQL and APIs, performance testing experience and Cloud environments (Azure), and performance monitoring tools like Datadog and Database and windows monitoring tools.
- Experience in Application Server, Web Server, and DB server,
- Understanding of REST Principles and APIs, and Payment and Document adaptors
- Experience working in fast paced Agile environments with working knowledge of Scrum principles and methodologies
- Experience of using Jenkins or other CI/CD tools, Git or other SCM tools
- Ability to collaborate closely with clear communication skills
- And have the ability to work in a fast-paced start up like environment with minimum supervision and/or independently in business hours and out of business hours in different time zones.
Who we are:
Accela is a SaaS based company that powers governments to govern their future. Accela cares about creating partnerships with our customers. Our software has many applications such as, reducing wait times, reducing costs, streamlining processes and breaking down silos. We help solve the challenges of today for a better tomorrow.
Accela is a place where everyone can grow. So, however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come to work every day. Our employees are proud to be making a difference in the government sector. By joining Accela, you will join a network of passionate employees, customers and partners. Each employee in every department plays a vital role in making the company successful. We hope you will join us!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.