About this role:
We are looking for a Test Engineer on the Accela Civic Platform Application with solid technical skills and a passion for writing and testing software to drive automated testing of our Web and Mobile Apps. In this role, you will take primary responsibility for Functional, Integration testing and maintaining automated test suites, also involves in building out a test approach, framework and high value automated test cases, hooked up to Integrating to CI builds. Advise on needed infrastructure, devices or cloud providers for the UI, Middle tier services and mobile test automation. This is a largely green field opportunity to join this team and make a large impact by reducing the manual testing efforts and improve test productivity and quality.
In this role you will:
- Accountable for the successful launch and delivery of new, key Accela Product Releases, Engineering Initiatives, alignment for Cloud deployments activities.
- Gain in depth functional and architectural knowledge of the Accela Application
- Deep understanding of quality assurance methodologies, such as test planning, scheduling, and regression and Integration
- Experience being responsible for a complete functional area of a product or application
- Experience working with partners across different teams and organizations to clearly communicate status and raise critical issues.
- Ability to think analytically, reduce manual effort, problem-solve, and innovate
- Ability to solve difficult problems with innovative and maintainable solutions
- Build a strong functional test strategy for delivering high quality product releases
- Hands on experience in Automation development, regression and manage automation infrastructure that can span our development delivery models
- Good knowledge on Java/Python based automation frameworks with Test NG, Junit and Robot Framework Automation
- Provide clear automation assessments of Accela product qualifications with reliable test results
- Strong Regression Automate the regression test cases that can be executed on demand
- Establish guidelines for test automation with the team and architecture
- Troubleshoot test automation issues with the developers in the team
- Understand and build strong CI/CD pipeline activities is a plus
You should have:
- 6+ Years of Testing Experience with at least 3 years of Automation experience
- Master/Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related experience
- Experience in Python/Java based automation development and Robot Framework Automation is a big plus
- Experience in developing and managing Automation using Python/Java, Selenium Web Driver, Test NG, JMeter and Robot, Framework with Mobile Experience on Appium is a big plus
- Experience of using Jenkins or other CI/CD tools, Git or other SCM tools
- Ability to collaborate closely with clear communication skills
- Experience in working in a SaaS company is a plus with Azure is a bonus
- Ability to work in a fast-paced start up like environment with minimum supervision and/or independently in business hours and out of business hours in different time zones.
Who we are:
Accela is a SaaS based company that powers governments to govern their future. Accela cares about creating partnerships with our customers. Our software has many applications such as, reducing wait times, reducing costs, streamlining processes and breaking down silos. We help solve the challenges of today for a better tomorrow.
Accela is a place where everyone can grow. So, however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come to work every day. Our employees are proud to be making a difference in the government sector. By joining Accela, you will join a network of passionate employees, customers and partners. Each employee in every department plays a vital role in making the company successful. We hope you will join us!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.