About this role:
We are looking for a confident, self-motivated individual with a passion for technology and excellent communication skills who thrives in a collaborative team environment.
As a Principal Engineer, you will be responsible for leading the design, implementation and support of Accela’s reporting solutions, while coaching and nurturing other engineers on the team. You will be a part of an energetic team with a passion for building innovative software products and a collaborative upbeat work ethic where you have ownership over a part of each release. In this role you will guide the team in its development of new features and services in an exciting roadmap with plans for introduction of new reporting portals, APIs and integrations.
- You will contribute to the full SDLC from ideas and design phase right through to implementation, release and deployment. You will turn ideas into prototypes and prototypes into products, evaluate emerging software technologies, evaluate third party solutions.
- Ensure team delivers elegant solutions according to functional and non-functional requirements.
- Be an expert on our team. Mentor developers on the team, evangelize best practices and technical excellence, build POCs and inspire your team - be committed to technical leadership and knowledge sharing.
- Participate on an Agile team, with daily scrum meetings, as well as planning and grooming meetings. Analyze and refine complex and sometimes ambiguous system and business requirements. Develop smart solutions.
- Build and maintain excellent working relationships with peers across organization. (QA, Development, PM, UX, etc.) Take responsibility and be accountable for the team.
- Perform Code Reviews, Unit testing - documenting and implementing software best practices.
- Perform system wide analysis to ensure the proposed solution is the best-in-class. Focus on re-usability, quality, scalability and efficiency.
You should have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 10+ years of development experience as a Software Engineer, 5+ years of experience in Java
- Experience designing complex software solutions, proposing architectures and making decisions.
- Experience working with microservices architecture / SOA on cloud
- Design and implementation experience evolving legacy monolithic systems into microservices
- Excellent verbal and written communicator, ability to present innovative solution designs to both technical and less-technical audiences.
- Independent thinker with creative, resourceful and proactive problem-solving skills
It would be great if you had:
- JAVA 1.8 & higher.
- Angular or similar
- Azure Cloud
- Spring/Spring boot
- ReST APIs
Accela is the industry pioneer in government licensing, permitting, service request, and inspection solutions, with more than 20 years of experience. We offer cloud based Civic Applications and a robust, scalable solutions platform informed by industry best practices. In short, Accela helps governments innovate, so they can improve the business and citizen experience, promoting community development and creating an environment where citizens and businesses thrive.
Accela is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.