Accela is the industry pioneer in government licensing, permitting, service request, and inspection solutions, with more than 20 years of experience. We offer cloud based Civic Applications and a robust, scalable solutions platform informed by industry best practices. In short, Accela helps governments innovate, so they can improve the business and citizen experience, promoting community development and creating an environment where citizens and businesses thrive.
At Accela, employees enjoy a culture that emphasizes performance, productivity and collaboration. You can’t help but feel empowered and motivated when you work with like-minded individuals who are passionate about contributing to a market-leading, high-growth software organization with proven technology.
In this role, you’ll get to:
Accela provides cutting edge technology for government agencies to engage and serve their citizens. The cornerstone of our technology is the Civic Cloud Platform that allows an entire ecosystem development and business partners to create endless number of solutions to serve the government and the public. As part of the Accela Engineering organization, Release Engineering (RE) is a branch of the Cloud Operations team chartered with ensuring fast, accurate, automated builds and deployments of both Accela infrastructure and SaaS product code into managed environments.
Collaborating with Accela Site Reliability Engineering (SRE), Database Engineering (DBE), and customer-facing technical functions, you will have the opportunity to tackle the complex problems of scale and availability while applying your expertise in coding, algorithms, complexity analysis and system design to automation problems at scale.
Impact you will make in the role (Responsibilities):
- Participate in Root Cause Analysis following Production Incidents and driving follow-on Corrective Actions. Participate in Production Incidents as needed.
- Develop scalable, standardized infrastructure deployment automation/orchestration and release deployment automation systems. Scale solutions to the business need.
- Key driver of problem solving for critical services and build automation to prevent future recurrence.
- Conduct execution of software releases, production data updates, and utilize system expertise to answer user questions around system function.
- Ensuring consistent, accurate, high quality release deployments. This includes
- Improve accuracy and timeliness of Ansible playbook execution for releases
- Work to continuously improve speed, efficiency and scalability of the build, deploy and test systems/pipeline
- Ensuring alignment with our infrastructure provisioning orchestration (Terraform) and Build Automation efforts (Ansible)
- Work closely with SRE to make Terraform provisioning of any Accela Civic Platform service roles modular, consistent, and predictable
- You are responsible for technical leadership and development of a framework that provides the facility for Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment for multiple initiatives, configuration management best practices
- Build automated release pipelines that package, test and deploy code
- Functioning as Release Captain and/or Execution Lead for deployment of releases and for migration cutovers as needed
- Collaborating with RE, DBE, DEV, QA and peers on Release Engineering team closely on longer term goals for end-end pipeline automation
- Build out framework to seamlessly integrate Quality Gates, Approval gates in End to End CI/CD pipeline.
- Design, implement, support and scale server architecture on Microsoft Azure to provide fast and reliable services to a rapidly growing customer base.
- Develop a build dashboard and metrics
- Responsible for collaborating with teams to build code, manage issues, and successfully deploy the software. Assist engineers in managing version control branches/tags
- Provide day-to-day support to manage development tools, code repositories and utilities.
- Develop automation practices and recommend improvements
- Develop automation framework for software configuration management that is integrated into a centralized infrastructure
- You use agile methodologies to plan, coordinate, and lead deployments of major product releases, weekly patches, and daily changes in a SaaS environment.
Expertise you will bring in (Skills and Qualifications):
- 8+ years software engineering and/or production systems engineering experience in a SaaS environment
- Experience working in both Microsoft and Linux environments
- Mastery of software version control
- Expertise in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting complex systems
- Familiarity with distributed systems
- Demonstrated systematic approach to problem solving
- Use of Azure (CLI/API) (Primary)
- Use of AWS (CLI/API) (Secondary)
- Deep experience with Infrastructure as Code tools – Terraform in particular
- Deep experience with Configuration Management tools such as Ansible, Salt, Chef, Puppet – Ansible in particular
- Knowledge of scripting languages such as Bash, Python, Ruby or Go
- Experience with production monitoring tools, trending, streaming metrics and logging tools a plus
- Troubleshooting and Root Cause Analysis skills
- Experience with development of automated CI/CD pipeline
- PowerShell experience a big plus
Accela is a place where everyone can grow. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day.
Benefits and Perks:
Beyond a stellar work environment, great people and inspiring, innovative work – we have some great benefits and perks:
- Competitive salaries
- Medical, dental and vision coverage for you and your family, along with other wellness and disability plans
- 12 paid holidays and a competitive paid time off policy
- Catered lunches, fully stocked kitchens, walking trails and nearby access to restaurants, food trucks and farmer’s markets in some of our locations
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.