About us: Accela is the industry pioneer in government licensing, permitting, service request, and inspection solutions, with more than 20 years of experience.We offer cloud based Civic Applications and a robust, scalable solutions platform informed by industry best practices. In short, Accela helps governments innovate, so they can improve the business and citizen experience, promoting community development and creating an environment where citizens and businesses thrive.
In this role:
You will play an important role in the continued growth and success of Accela by ensuring the successful, on-time delivery of large and complex Professional Services implementations. You will be an integral part of a cross-functional team, identifying what needs to be accomplished and partnering with others in the organization to execute to a plan. You will leverage proven processes and templates to deliver projects, while remaining highly adaptable to any changing demands from the customer or corporate landscape. You care deeply about driving business value to a customer so you operate from the perspective of “How can I achieve a win-win for the customer and Accela” and “How can we help our customers achieve greater business value with our product?”.
While we are busy changing the world, we also strongly believe in having fun and excitement at work, and encourage a collaborative and healthy work-life balance.
If you are motivated by the idea of delivering on the promise of democracy in the digital age and solving for a new era of more efficient, open and innovative governance, then we’d love to hear from you.
Impact you will make in the role (Responsibilities):
As the owner of the cross-functional Professional Services delivery process you will make significant impacts on the customer and Accela’s business in these key areas:
- Project Management: Manage engagements start-to-finish by applying standard and accepted project management principles; lead project planning and budgeting; mobilize and direct the work streams of cross-functional project teams; champion the Statement of Work.
- Project Health: Drive on-time and on-budget completion of projects; track project progress and variability; work collaboratively with customer and internal teams to identify risks; develop and execute appropriate risk mitigation strategies within a defined escalation path; implement appropriate tracking and reporting metrics in a manner that provides transparency and visibility into project health.
- Customer Relationship Management: Foster an environment of highly effective and collaborative communications in day-to-day interactions with clients and stakeholders; serve as the first point of escalation on the project; support Regional Director in executive steering committees.
- Cross Functional Teamwork: Lead and support collaboration across many internal stakeholder groups — Consultants, Architects, Project Management Office, Cloud Operations, Product, Support, Partners and others.
- Business Development: Support initiatives to grow new business and expand existing projects; participate in aspects of the proposal development process and budget estimation.
Expertise you will bring in (Skills and Qualifications):
- Government Enterprise Software — 5 years leading successful implementations of COTS software/platform-based solutions for Tier-1 government clients.
- Complex Projects — 5 years leading projects of $1M+ budget, 12+ months duration, and involving more than one government department or group.
- Project Management Certification — Certified Project Management Professional (PMP) preferred; skilled at identifying the appropriate strategies and tools for planning and tracking complex projects and driving teams to high productivity.
- Proven ability to manage multiple complex projects that are at various stages of delivery.
- Aptitude for understanding and applying new technologies and methodologies.
- BA or BS in a technical discipline, or similar technical degree program.
- Use of formal project management tools (e.g., MS-Project, Visio, etc.).
- Strong technical background, with previous experience with delivery of enterprise class software.
- Strong analytical skills and experience managing technical and project management issues.
- Strong organizational skills with an ability to manage competing client demands.
- Ability to interact and communicate with CxO-level personnel.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills.
- Permitting and Licensing knowledge desired
- Ability to travel up to 50% percent of the time.
Benefits and Perks:
Beyond a stellar work environment, great people and inspiring, innovative work – we have some great benefits and perks:
- Competitive salaries
- Medical, dental and vision coverage for you and your family, along with other wellness and disability plans
- 12 paid holidays and a competitive paid time off policy
- Catered lunches, fully stocked kitchens, walking trails and nearby access to restaurants, food trucks and farmer’s markets in some of our locations
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.