Accela is the industry pioneer in government licensing, permitting, service request, and inspection solutions, with more than 20 years of experience. We offer cloud based Civic Applications and a robust, scalable solutions platform informed by industry best practices. In short, Accela helps governments innovate, so they can improve the business and citizen experience, promoting community development and creating an environment where citizens and businesses thrive.
At Accela, employees enjoy a culture that emphasizes performance, productivity and collaboration. You can’t help but feel empowered and motivated when you work with like-minded individuals who are passionate about contributing to a market-leading, high-growth software organization with proven technology.
Accela has recently established a new development centre in Dublin, Ireland. You will be joining this team developing GovTech solutions connecting people, things and businesses in Government.
Where you fit:
We are looking for a confident, self-motivated individual with a passion for technology and excellent communication skills who thrives in a collaborative team environment.
You will be a part of an energetic team with a passion for building innovative software products and a collaborative upbeat work ethic where you have ownership over a part of each release.
You bring integrity to your work, you are passionate about software quality, continuous improvement and excellent program design.
You are interested in working on market leading cloud-native product features and prototypes as part of a fast-paced software development team.
Your strong programming and analysis skills and diligent attention to detail will help us deliver on a progressive roadmap which includes exciting brand-new service development opportunities.
Critically, you’re a collaborative team player with a fantastic work ethic.
Impact you will make in the role:
- Join the scrum team that owns development of standalone service adapters, built with Java & Spring boot as core technologies and deployed to Azure
- Contribute to full SDLC from ideas and design phase right through to implementation, release and deployment.
- Participate in the development of the product with the team, through Daily Scrum, Sprint Planning and Backlog Grooming
- Perform Code Reviews, write unit tests, write documentation and implement software best practices
- Collaborate with QA engineers to develop testing protocols to identify and correct defects
- Build and maintain excellent working relationships with peers across organizations (QA, Development, PM, UX, etc.)
- You will contribute to the full SDLC from ideas and design phase right through to implementation, release and deployment. You will turn ideas into prototypes and prototypes into products, evaluate emerging software technologies, evaluate third party solutions.
Technical Skills and capabilities
- JAVA 1.7 & higher. Significant and demonstrable experience of implementing Java best practice, valuing scalability, availability and performance.
- Spring/Spring boot
- ReST and/or SOAP Web Services – public and private facing APIs
- Good experience with Java Unit Testing Frameworks and Tools such as JUnit, TestNG, Mockito etc.
- Experience working in continuous integration and continuous deployment systems (CICD)
- Knowledge of build systems and software integration systems
- Excellent problem solving, analytical, communication, organization and interpersonal skills
- Analytical thinking - able to simplify complex problems, processes or projects into component parts explore and evaluate them systematically
- Independent thinker with creative, resourceful and proactive problem-solving skills
- Ability to work both independently and as a team player
- Experience and understanding of software source control systems, preferably Git
- Good understanding & working experience in cloud computing platforms such as Azure Cloud
Nice to haves
- Experience working with microservices architecture / SOA
- Enterprise SAAS systems
- Messaging systems
- EJBs and the web layer
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 2+ years of development experience as a software engineer
Benefits and Perks:
Beyond a stellar work environment, great people and inspiring, innovative work, we have some great benefits and perks:
- Central Dublin Office Location
- 25 vacation days
- Ireland Standard Holidays
- Pension Contribution
- Supplemental Healthcare Package
Accela is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.