Accela is the industry pioneer in government licensing, permitting, service request, and inspection solutions, with more than 20 years of experience. We offer cloud based Civic Applications and a robust, scalable solutions platform informed by industry best practices. In short, Accela helps governments innovate, so they can improve the business and citizen experience, promoting community development and creating an environment where citizens and businesses thrive.
At Accela, employees enjoy a culture that emphasizes performance, productivity and collaboration. You can’t help but feel empowered and motivated when you work with like-minded individuals who are passionate about contributing to a market-leading, high-growth software organization with proven technology.
In this role, you’ll get to:
Work as a Tech Lead for Functional Testing Group part of an Engineering division, focusing on testing core products, develop and maintain test strategy and test development inline with Agile development process. You will be a Product Advocate, as a result, you will have exposure to a broader set of problems, understanding customer experience, improving product quality. Opportunity to build test procedures with the latest feasible tools and techniques, establish test automation process to improve testing productivity. Advise on needed infrastructure and testing guidelines.This is a largely cross functional opportunity working with software product, development and support teams, capable of handling tasks to accelerate the testing delivery and to improve the quality for Applications at Accela.
Impact you will make in the role:
- Accountable for the successful launch and quality delivery of new, key Accela Product Releases, Engineering Initiatives,alignment for Cloud deployments, Security and Compliance activities.
- Experience in collaborating with both user experience and a technical architect to create a testing solution for end users
- Product focused mindset and passion for creating best in class testing SAAS products
- Participate in design and architectural review of the Engineering eco-system to voice quality concerns and ensure quality views are articulated properly
- Design system evaluations through the lens of a customer use case perspective and determine suitability for use
- Predict and resolve issues, bottlenecks, and risks expected to arise during the integration of existing and new system features
- Collaborate with cross functional and support team to identify, log, triage, root-cause, and communicate defects using established tools like JIRA
- Suggest and introduce new methodologies for test suite development, regression, and functional /Integration testing
- Mentor other members of the team through collaboration and knowledge sharing
- Implement QA methodology, test suite optimization, testing techniques and approaches to improve quality
- Ability to Interpret product architecture and system design
- Ability to work with cross functional teams geographically located by constantly building easy-to-use test frameworks
- Integrations and Automation, manage test infrastructure that can span development delivery models
Expertise you will bring in:
- 12+ years of Test Engineering Experience for Product Organization
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering and any related discipline
- Domain expertise of Licensing, Permitting or any Civic engagement solutions is a plus
- Strong QA knowledge and understanding of Functional, Integration, Security testing techniques and approaches
- Experience with SAAS deployment, manage, deploy and support multiple concurrent releases through various test environment
- Strong understanding in Web and Mobile technologies
- Strong analytical, debugging and problem-solving skills
- Experience in taking ownership in core functional product areas
- Solid understanding of SQL and API testing experience doing data quality testing with large data sets
- Experience working in fast paced Agile environments with working knowledge of Scrum principles and methodologies
- Knowledge of Source Control systems and build process
- Experience in Java based automation development and Robot Framework Automation is a big plus
- Good Knowledge in developing and managing Automation using Java, Selenium, Test NG and Robot Framework with Mobile Experience on Appium is a big plus
- Experience of using Jenkins or other CI/CD tools, Git or other SCM tools
- Ability to collaborate closely with clear communication skills
Accela is a place where everyone can grow. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day.
Benefits and Perks:
Beyond a stellar work environment, great people and inspiring, innovative work – we have some great benefits and perks:
- Competitive salaries
- 401(k) with company match
- Medical, dental and vision coverage for you and your family, along with other wellness and disability plans
- 12 paid holidays and a competitive paid time off policy
- Catered lunches, fully stocked kitchens, walking trails and nearby access to restaurants, food trucks and farmer’s markets in some of our locations
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.