Accela is the industry pioneer in government licensing, permitting, service request, and inspection solutions, with more than 20 years of experience. We offer cloud based Civic Applications and a robust, scalable solutions platform informed by industry best practices. In short, Accela helps governments innovate, so they can improve the business and citizen experience, promoting community development and creating an environment where citizens and businesses thrive.
At Accela, employees enjoy a culture that emphasizes performance, productivity and collaboration. You can’t help but feel empowered and motivated when you work with like-minded individuals who are passionate about contributing to a market-leading, high-growth software organization with proven technology.
Where you fit:
Accela is looking for an energetic, highly experienced Java engineer to help us build our next generation platform. We are currently running a multi-tier web-based application that we are actively converting to SaaS-based application utilizing micro services. We need out of the box thinkers as there will be times that you may have to interact and understand with some older components to evolve them to the new architecture. This will be a unique opportunity to help drive the architecture and the evolution of an enterprise application.
Basic role requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Track record of being a top performer in current and past roles
- Experience in leading and teaching junior to mid-level engineers
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming and experience in Java, C#, or related
- Solid knowledge of Database technologies such as SQL, PL/SQL and relational database schema design
- Experience in automated testing including unit and functional testing using Java, JUnit and Selenium
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Understanding of software source control systems, preferably Git
- Out-of-the box thinking
Preferred Role Requirements:
- At least 10+ years of software engineering experience
- Master of Java 1.8+
- Advanced experience with micro service architecture
- Advanced experience messaging systems, JBoss/Wildfly server, Tomcat, Linux
- Advanced experience in back-end REST API development using Spring
- Experience in cloud based (Azure preferred), multi-tiered, enterprise application systems
- Experience working in continuous integration and continuous deployment systems (CICD)
- Experience with agile development methodology
- Experience in delivering and owning scalable, performant components in production
Accela is a place where everyone can grow. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day.
Benefits and Perks:
Beyond a stellar work environment, great people and inspiring, innovative work – we have some great benefits and perks:
- Competitive salaries
- 401(k) with company match
- Medical, dental and vision coverage for you and your family, along with other wellness and disability plans
- 12 paid holidays and a competitive paid time off policy
- Catered lunches, fully stocked kitchens, walking trails and nearby access to restaurants, food trucks and farmer’s markets in some of our locations
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.