Accela is the industry pioneer in government licensing, permitting, service request, and inspection solutions, with more than 20 years of experience. We offer cloud based Civic Applications and a robust, scalable solutions platform informed by industry best practices. In short, Accela helps governments innovate, so they can improve the business and citizen experience, promoting community development and creating an environment where citizens and businesses thrive.
At Accela, employees enjoy a culture that emphasizes performance, productivity and collaboration. You can’t help but feel empowered and motivated when you work with like-minded individuals who are passionate about contributing to a market-leading, high-growth software organization with proven technology.
Where you fit:
Accela provides cutting edge technology for government agencies to engage and serve their citizens. The cornerstone of our technology is the Civic Cloud Platform that allows an entire ecosystem development and business partners to create endless number of solutions to serve the government and the public. We are currently seeking talented, experienced SaaS, Systems or Support Engineers to work within our production Cloud Operations team as part of a new Customer Reliability Engineering function. This function will be focused on specific customer implementations of Accela SaaS, ensuring their continued Availability, Performance, Security and other non-functional requirements at massive scale, in order to “drive customer anxiety to zero” in their adoption of SaaS.
Impact you will make in the role:
- Working closely with Engineering, Site Reliability Engineering (SRE), Database Engineering (DBE), Product, Services and Support team as the external (customer) face of Production SaaS Operations
- Support the SaaS Migration team through development of standard processes and practices including Data Access integration, and development of customer-specific monitoring/metrics and alerting.
- Function as a Technical Architect for the SaaS Migration team working with customers– identifying technical requirements and assisting Services/Support teams with scoping for successful migrations and ensuring successful transition to steady-state operations
- Provide an escalation path from Tier3 Support and Professional Services for
- Troubleshooting customers operating environment as needed
- “Cloud side” diagnostics for customer implementations, using APM analysis, log analysis, and streaming metrics in partnership with SRE
- Function as a “Tiger Team” for escalated production and pre-production issues during customer implementations
- Empower field-facing teams through articulation of fundamental Service Management processes for SaaS including Incident Management, Problem Management, and Change/Release Management, and Security/Compliance in order to foster confidence and trust with customers/partners in these areas
- Provide inputs into Product Roadmap and SRE based on customer SaaS Operations escalations
Expertise you will bring in:
- 5+ years of experience in a Production Engineering, Operations, and/or Support function for SaaS
- Great customer focus and empathy
- Prior software development experience a plus
- Experience with DB, systems, and datacenter migrations a plus
- Experience with development of self-service tooling using scripting such as Bash, Python, Ruby, Go in production environments a plus
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we'll let you in on a secret: there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. Accela is a place where everyone can grow. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day.
Benefits and Perks:
Beyond a stellar work environment, great people and inspiring, innovative work; we have some great benefits and perks:
- Competitive salaries
- 401(k) with company match
- Medical, dental and vision coverage for you and your family, along with other wellness and disability plans
- 11 paid holidays and a competitive paid time off policy
- Catered lunches, fully stocked kitchens, walking trails and nearby access to restaurants, food trucks and farmer’s markets in some of our locations
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.