Accela is the industry pioneer in government licensing, permitting, service request, and inspection solutions, with more than 20 years of experience. We offer cloud based Civic Applications and a robust, scalable solutions platform informed by industry best practices. In short, Accela helps governments innovate, so they can improve the business and citizen experience, promoting community development and creating an environment where citizens and businesses thrive.
At Accela, employees enjoy a culture that emphasizes performance, productivity and collaboration. You can’t help but feel empowered and motivated when you work with like-minded individuals who are passionate about contributing to a market-leading, high-growth software organization with proven technology.
Where you fit:
As a member of the extended management team, you will report to the CFO and will be supporting the full executive team. You will be a key player in the strategic and operational planning processes. Based in San Ramon, CA, at Accela’s HQ, you will partner with leaders across the company in multiple domestic and international locations.
Impact you will make in the role:
You will be instrumental in guiding the company to achieve its strategic and tactical plans.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Partner with the CFO and executive leadership team to establish and communicate the Annual Budget and Monthly/Quarterly Forecast guidance
- Implement a 12-month rolling forecast process to be updated on a monthly basis
- Serve as the budget approver for company purchasing and hiring activity
- Execute delivery of consolidated corporate financial reports associated with monthly and quarterly close processes
- Drive analyses that deliver insights and recommendations to the executive team for strategic and actionable operational planning decisions
- Conduct analysis, prepare materials and build presentations to support lender reporting, investor conversations, Board Meetings, and any potential M&A opportunities
- Identify, measure, and communicate key performance metrics
- Drive forecast accuracy, predictability in results, and adherence to high standards of controllership. Enhance the credibility of the finance organization by providing timely and accurate analysis of results, trends and MD&A.
- Operate as a key leader to develop the organization's short- and long-term financial plans and identifying financial opportunities to improve the organization's profitability
- Oversee the global treasury and cash management function.
- Own the 13-week rolling cash forecast and responsibility for monitoring global cash balances and revolving credit facilities.
- Oversee FP&A systems and tools (Adaptive Planning). Build and maintain the tools and processes to provide performance measurement and reporting to the management team
- Hire, coach, and develop a high-performing FP&A and treasury team. Maintain a culture that emphasizes responsiveness, accountability, and transparency
- Actively drive the implementation and continuous improvement of robust operational metrics and financial drivers to ensure accurate profitability analysis and tactical decision making
- Participate in cross-functional business projects and perform ad hoc analysis as required.
Expertise you will bring in (including years of experience):
- Position requires an individual who has successfully scaled a Corporate FP&A function at a fast paced / high growth technology company
- A strong work ethic, the utmost ethical standards, a high sense of urgency, the ability to roll-up their sleeves and a passionate desire to drive results
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills; skilled in translating ideas into clear, high impact communications
- Ability to influence senior leadership and operationally execute decisions
- A strong leader with experience developing and leveraging talent
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, project management and financial modeling abilities
- Ability to partner cross functionally, through strong relationship building and communication skills, with all levels of management
- Curiosity to take deep dives into status quo and drive effective changes that scale, even or especially if it means establishing new processes or what hasn’t been done before
- 12+ Years of increasing FP&A responsibilities
- Finance, Accounting, Economics BS degree or equivalent. MBA preferred and a plus
- Experience with a top-tier planning application
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we'll let you in on a secret: there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. Accela is a place where everyone can grow. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day.
Benefits and Perks:
Beyond a stellar work environment, great people and inspiring, innovative work; we have some great benefits and perks:
- Competitive salaries
- 401(k) with company match
- Medical, dental and vision coverage for you and your family, along with other wellness and disability plans
- 11 paid holidays and a competitive paid time off policy
- Catered lunches, fully stocked kitchens, walking trails and nearby access to restaurants, food trucks and farmer’s markets in some of our locations
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.