Why Accela and Springbrook:
Accela and Springbrook are the industry pioneer in government licensing, permitting, service request, and inspection solutions, with more than 20 years of experience. We offer cloud based Civic Applications, and a robust, scalable solutions platform informed by industry best practices. In short, Accela helps governments innovate, so they can improve the business and citizen experience, promoting community development and creating an environment where citizens and businesses thrive.
At Accela and Springbrook employees enjoy a culture that emphasizes performance, productivity and collaboration. You can’t help but feel empowered and motivated when you work with like-minded individuals who are passionate about contributing to a market-leading, high-growth software organization with proven technology.
In this role, you’ll get to:
As a Software Engineer, you will work as an individual contributor capable of contributing to the architectural discussions and implementing critical modules to accelerate the delivery of Springbrook products while working with other team members on the product. You will be part of the core Springbrook payments team, developing new features and capabilities and integrating with other Springbrook and third-party products and frameworks. You will work in the product development team and, as a result, have daily exposure to a range of technical challenges and customer experiences which will stretch and develop your skills.
Impact you will make in the role (Responsibilities):
- Participate in the development of a next-generation SaaS platform, primarily built upon ASP.NET Web API, .NET Core, Angular, and TypeScript • Analyze complex system and business requirements
- Perform code reviews, unit testing, and improve software development practices
- Optimize client- and server-side applications to maximize speed and scale
- Learn business domain to help create efficient solutions with team members
- Work with a cross-functional team to include software and QA engineers, product management, and operations
Expertise you will bring in (Skills and Qualifications):
- Ability to work as a team player
- Excellent problem solving, analytical, communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Independent thinker with creative, resourceful, and proactive problem-solving skills
- Track record of building and maintaining excellent working relationships with peers across organizations (QA, Development, PM, UX, etc.)
- Track record of delivering excellent customer experiences
- Experience developing software with C# and the .NET Framework
- Exposure to MS SQL-Server Databases, including SQL, stored procedures, and database design
- Experience and understanding of software source control systems, preferably Git
- Knowledge of build systems and software integration systems Strong and demonstrable experience working in continuous integration and continuous deployment systems (CI/CD)
- Bachelor of Science degree in computer science, or related field of study, or equivalent experience
- Experience in micro-service or service-oriented architectures
- Experience with TypeScript
- DevOps experience
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we'll let you in on a secret: there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. Accela is a place where everyone can grow. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day.
Benefits and Perks:
Beyond a stellar work environment, great people and inspiring, innovative work; we have some great benefits and perks:
- Competitive salaries
- 401(k) with company match
- Medical, dental and vision coverage for you and your family, along with other wellness and disability plans
- 11 paid holidays and a competitive paid time off policy
- Catered lunches, fully stocked kitchens, walking trails and nearby access to restaurants, food trucks and farmer’s markets in some of our locations
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.