Why Accela and Springbrook:
Accela and Springbrook are the industry pioneer in government licensing, permitting, service request, and inspection solutions, with more than 20 years of experience. We offer cloud based Civic Applications, and a robust, scalable solutions platform informed by industry best practices. In short, Accela helps governments innovate, so they can improve the business and citizen experience, promoting community development and creating an environment where citizens and businesses thrive.
At Accela and Springbrook employees enjoy a culture that emphasizes performance, productivity and collaboration. You can’t help but feel empowered and motivated when you work with like-minded individuals who are passionate about contributing to a market-leading, high-growth software organization with proven technology.
Where you fit:
As a Software Engineer in Support, you will quickly identify and resolve problems on mission critical systems. In this position, you will need to be able to identify and implement short term fixes that can be rapidly introduced to enable clients to do business. You will need to be able to identify and correct data issues as well as minor defects and server setup issues. You will work directly with customers and Tier I/II support to understand the problem space. You must be effective at working in a high paced team environment. You will need to be able to identify and clearly document defects found in the system. This position requires a high level of customer service.
Impact you will make in the role (Responsibilities):
- Resolve technical issues
- Analyze complex system and business requirements
- Learn business domain to help create efficient solutions with team members
- Work with a cross-functional team to include software and QA engineers, product management, and operations
Expertise you will bring in (Skills and Qualifications):
- Ability to work as a team player
- Excellent problem solving, analytical, communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Independent thinker with creative, resourceful, and proactive problem-solving skills
- Track record of building and maintaining excellent working relationships with peers across organizations (QA, Development, PM, UX, etc.)
- Track record of delivering excellent customer experiences
- Experience developing and maintaining software with C# and the .NET Framework
- Exposure to MS SQL-Server Databases, including SQL, stored procedures, and database design
- Experience and understanding of software source control systems, preferably Git
- Bachelor of Science degree in computer science, or related field of study, or equivalent experience
- Experience in Accounting
- Experience with Payroll
- Utility billing experience
Benefits and Perks:
Beyond a stellar work environment, great people and inspiring, innovative work, we have some great benefits and perks:
- Competitive salaries
- 401(k) with company match and stock plans to all employees
- Medical, dental and vision coverage for you and your family, along with other wellness and disability plans
- 11 paid holidays and a competitive and flexible paid time off policy
- Catered lunches, fully stocked kitchens, walking trails and nearby access to restaurants, food trucks and farmer’s markets in some of our locations
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.