Accela is the industry pioneer in government licensing, permitting, service request, and inspection solutions, with more than 20 years of experience. We offer cloud based Civic Applications and a robust, scalable solutions platform informed by industry best practices. In short, Accela helps governments innovate, so they can improve the business and citizen experience, promoting community development and creating an environment where citizens and businesses thrive.
At Accela, employees enjoy a culture that emphasizes performance, productivity and collaboration. You can’t help but feel empowered and motivated when you work with like-minded individuals who are passionate about contributing to a market-leading, high-growth software organization with proven technology.
Where you fit:
Accela provides cutting edge technology for government agencies to engage and serve their citizens. The cornerstone of our technology is the Civic Cloud Platform that allows an entire ecosystem development and business partners to create endless number of solutions to serve the government and the public.
As Principal Service Manager on the Cloud Operations team, you would function as Process Owner for the Service Management processes critical to delivery of a quality SaaS product including Incident Management, Problem Management, Change Management, Capacity Management, Vendor Management and some financial modelling and forecasting. You will play a pivotal role in ensuring transparency into the key metrics that show Accela is functioning optimally!
Impact you will make in the role:
- Define and govern processes for Production Incident, Problem, Change Management and escalations for services delivered from both private datacenters and Public Cloud (Azure and AWS)
- Maintain a portfolio of key technology vendors and oversee technology spend and vendor relationships
- Develop Quality of Service and Execution metrics that align with Accela’s business objectives for presentation with executive leadership
- Drive cross-functional SaaS transformation initiatives
- Develop and maintain a cost model for datacenter and cloud expense based on service capacity needs
- Develop and maintain cost reporting and drive optimization programs with service owner(s)
- Develop NOC and Service Desk capabilities in partnership cross-functionally and with key vendors
- Potential to lead a small team over time
Expertise you will bring in:
- 10+ years of Service Management experience in SaaS (preferred) or Managed Services environments
- ITIL Practitioner or better certification preferred
- Mastery of the development of reporting and metrics in SaaS/Managed Services environments
- Excellent vendor management and negotiation skills
- Experienced in technical infrastructure including Cloud (Azure and AWS) operating environments and datacenter (IT) services
- Project Management skills and/or certification skills
- Experience working with Site Reliability Engineering and Cloud Ops teams and associated toolsets a plus
- Experience with Atlassian toolset a plus
- Strong interpersonal, presentation and communication skills. A strong influencer.
- Ability to build and lead a small team if needed over time
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we'll let you in on a secret: there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. Accela is a place where everyone can grow. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day.
Benefits and Perks:
Beyond a stellar work environment, great people and inspiring, innovative work; we have some great benefits and perks:
- Competitive salaries
- 401(k) with company match
- Medical, dental and vision coverage for you and your family, along with other wellness and disability plans
- 11 paid holidays and a competitive paid time off policy
- Catered lunches, fully stocked kitchens, walking trails and nearby access to restaurants, food trucks and farmer’s markets in some of our locations
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.