Accela is the industry pioneer in government licensing, permitting, service request, and inspection solutions, with more than 20 years of experience. We offer cloud based Civic Applications and a robust, scalable solutions platform informed by industry best practices. In short, Accela helps governments innovate, so they can improve the business and citizen experience, promoting community development and creating an environment where citizens and businesses thrive.
At Accela, employees enjoy a culture that emphasizes performance, productivity and collaboration. You can’t help but feel empowered and motivated when you work with like-minded individuals who are passionate about contributing to a market-leading, high-growth software organization with proven technology.
Where you fit:
Good candidates for a Technical Support Engineer role at Accela thrive in an energetic, fast-paced environment. If you excel at figuring out logic puzzles or love using technology to solve real-world problems like logistics nightmares (organizing sports tournaments or planning long road trips with multiple vehicles), then we bet you have the right stuff. If your comfort zone is facing new, unique errors and figuring out the solution, this could be your dream job. Our team loves to learn new things, solve problems and enjoys the challenge and thrill of working through all the technical kinks. Navigating, troubleshooting, researching and documenting solutions is all a part of the fun.
Impact you will make in the role:
- Develop new skills and become a deep subject matter expert in Accela technology.
- Help find solutions to our customers’ toughest technical and business questions.
- Own customer issues, from start to finish.
- Serve as the customer’s primary point of contact.
- Author content in our customer community and knowledge base.
- Help customers configure and administer Accela products.
- This role will will be physically located in our office in Draper, UT.
- Four year technical degree (Computer Science, IT, IS, or related) or 3-5 years related experience.
- Proven ability to exercise judgment to deliver superior customer service.
- Keen problem solving with a unique ability to think on your feet.
- Self-starter and comfortable taking the initiative.
- Ability to analyze software performance and functionality in SaaS (Azure) and On-Premise environments.
- Intellectually curious with a strong desire to see things to resolution.
- Adaptable to change and able to quickly learn new tools and technologies.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Familiarity with SaaS solutions and enterprise-level customers a plus.
- Solid computer skills in areas like servers and networks.
- Utilize email, calls, etc. to connect and troubleshoot issues.
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we'll let you in on a secret: there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. Accela is a place where everyone can grow. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day.
Benefits and Perks:
Beyond a stellar work environment, great people and inspiring, innovative work; we have some great benefits and perks:
- Competitive salaries
- 401(k) with company match
- Medical, dental and vision coverage for you and your family, along with other wellness and disability plans
- 11 paid holidays and a competitive paid time off policy
- Catered lunches, fully stocked kitchens, walking trails and nearby access to restaurants, food trucks and farmer’s markets in some of our locations
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.