Who is Accela:
Accela is the industry pioneer in government licensing, permitting and regulatory solutions. We have more than 20 years of govtech experience and offer fast-to-implement Civic Applications and a robust and extensible solutions platform informed by industry best practices. Accela was recently honored with the ‘Great Place to Work’ certification, is consistently featured as one of the leading GovTech 100 companies, and is ranked on the Inc. 5000 as one of the fastest-growing private companies.
We help governments innovate so they can improve business and citizen outcomes, promote community development, ensure public safety and trust, and create an environment where citizens and businesses thrive.
Accela’s software drives efficiency for thousands of governments and is accessible to more than 160 million citizens worldwide. More than 80% of America’s 50 largest cities such as New York, San Diego, San Francisco, Miami, and Denver have implemented at least one of Accela’s many solutions.
Accela offers employees a culture that emphasizes performance, productivity and collaboration. You can’t help but feel empowered, engaged and motivated when you work with like-minded individuals who are driven and passionate about contributing to a market-leading, high-growth software organization with proven technology.
While we are busy changing the world, we also strongly believe in having fun and excitement at work, and encourage a collaborative and healthy work-life balance.
If you are motivated by the idea of delivering on the promise of democracy in the digital age and solving for a new era of more efficient, open and innovative governance, then we’d love to hear from you.
Where You Fit:
You are a leader who makes data-informed decisions, takes smart risks and is effective at influencing all levels of stakeholders. The Build and Release Management team is a collaborative, fast-moving group that thrives in a diverse culture of rapid delivery, evolution, and innovation.
You will manage the release of multiple product versions to production and understand how enterprise customer product customization and configuration impact environment management.
- You are responsible for the continuous delivery of application releases supporting mission critical services.
- Support and improve our tools for continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD). You can demonstrate measurable improvements in our delivery pipelines
- Responsible for the framework that provides the facility for Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment for multiple initiatives
- Build automated release pipelines that package, test and deploy code
- You are responsible for the on time delivery of application releases supporting mission critical services.
- Build out and maintain a suitable tracking dashboards and metrics.
- Understand risk management and use this competency in developing release management plans and metrics.
- Plan and communicate maintenance activities and downtimes, deploy window restrictions, etc. across multiple cross-functional teams
- Responsible for collaborating with teams to build code, manage issues, and successfully deploy the software. Assist engineers in managing version control branches/tags
- Provide day-to-day support to manage development tools, code repositories and utilities
- Develop automated practices and recommend improvements
- Develop automation framework for software version migration that is integrated into a centralized infrastructure
- Work closely with stakeholders to optimize builds, tests, and deployment workflows
- currently deployed, upgrading when necessary in the least disruptive manner
- Work to continuously improve speed, efficiency and scalability of the build and test systems
- You use agile methodologies to plan, coordinate, and lead deployments of major product releases, weekly patches, and daily changes in a SaaS environment.
- Source Control Management: Git, GitHub, Branching and Merging strategies
- CI/CD: Jenkins, Jenkins Pipelines
- Scripting Languages: Shell, Bash, Python
- Build Tools: Gradle, Ant, Maven, Ionic
- Config Management Tools: Terraform, Ansible
- Mobile Platform: iOS, Android
- Platforms: Azure, AWS
- Managing server infrastructure: Nexus, Sonar, Jenkins, etc.
- Strong familiarity with Azure infrastructure, Linux, Windows and Networking
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence
- BS in CS, EE or equivalent experience required
- 5+ years of experience Build/Release and DevOps combined
About the Expectations
- Our top priority is to ensure a great customer experience as we release a constant flow of change across our products and infrastructure. Release Managers are motivated, adventurous and invested in disrupting internal process, streamlining our continuous delivery pipeline while preserving customer trust.
- As a people manager, you can develop and lead your own team. You are also adept at influencing disparate stakeholders (Product, Engineering & Business), mentoring colleges and driving engagement.
- You can communicate clearly to everyone from Executives to individual contributors.
- You have experience working in Agile environments.
- You are familiar with DevOps best practices and/or have experience managing B2B Cloud Application releases.
- As you evolve our processes, you’ll document all processes, write specs for portions we can automate, and monitor release status for early signs of regressions.
- You are a Multiplier, and constantly look for ways to make other teams successful. You understand that the success and productivity of many scrum teams you interact with is critical to enabling continuous change.
- You combine customer empathy and your passion for moving fast to deliver frequent, high quality releases that benefit our customers and partners and motivate our teams.