Who is Accela:
Accela is the industry pioneer in government licensing, permitting and regulatory solutions. We have more than 20 years of govtech experience and offer fast-to-implement Civic Applications and a robust and extensible solutions platform informed by industry best practices. Accela was recently honored with the ‘Great Place to Work’ certification, is consistently featured as one of the leading GovTech 100 companies, and is ranked on the Inc. 5000 as one of the fastest-growing private companies.
We help governments innovate so they can improve business and citizen outcomes, promote community development, ensure public safety and trust, and create an environment where citizens and businesses thrive.
Accela’s software drives efficiency for thousands of governments and is accessible to more than 160 million citizens worldwide. More than 80% of America’s 50 largest cities such as New York, San Diego, San Francisco, Miami, and Denver have implemented at least one of Accela’s many solutions.
Accela offers employees a culture that emphasizes performance, productivity and collaboration. You can’t help but feel empowered, engaged and motivated when you work with like-minded individuals who are driven and passionate about contributing to a market-leading, high-growth software organization with proven technology.
While we are busy changing the world, we also strongly believe in having fun and excitement at work, and encourage a collaborative and healthy work-life balance.
If you are motivated by the idea of delivering on the promise of democracy in the digital age and solving for a new era of more efficient, open and innovative governance, then we’d love to hear from you.
Where you fit:
- You’ve probably been coding for sometime now. Ideally you come from a startup or have experience working with startups. If you have spent time in the enterprise software world we would like you to apply your experience and knowledge in an innovative environment.
- As a software engineer, you will be responsible for the design, development and support of critical features and components to accelerate the delivery of Accela’s cloud based products.
- You will be part of the Accela Civic Platform team developing critical backend features and capabilities, while also seamlessly integrate with other Accela offerings.
- You will have daily exposure to a range of technical challenges and customer experiences which will stretch and develop your technical and leadership skills. You are a problem solver who has a passion for delivering high quality software and has a keen eye for attention to details.
Impact you will make in the role:
- You will be coding in an environment of modern SaaS product development for government software.
- Each line of your code will make our government more efficient.
- Each line of your code will make our citizen’s life easier and happier by providing them huge convenience, useful information.
- Each line of your code make our utilities and other agencies more efficient and responsive to their customers.
- Each line of your code will make the world more energy-efficient and help towards fighting climate change.
- Each line of your code will make help each one of us to lead a responsible civic life.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in the development of Accela Civic platform, a SaaS enterprise application.
- Ability to Interpret product architecture and system design
- Participate on an Agile team, with daily scrum meetings, as well as planning and grooming meetings
- Analyze complex system and business requirements
- Perform Code Reviews, Unit testing, documenting and implementing software best practices
- Drive quality across team by constantly building easy-to-use development frameworks
- Work with QA engineers to develop test plans, test cases, test data etc. to identify and correct defects
Expertise you will bring in (including years of experience):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 3+ years of development experience as a Java Developer
- 2+ years of solid and sound JAVA experience in cloud based, multi-tiered, enterprise application systems.
- Experience of the some of the following is highly desirable: J2EE, Servlet, EJB, Spring Framework, JSF/JSP, JMS or other messaging system etc.
- Some experience with Java Unit Testing Frameworks and Tools such as JUnit, TestNG, Mockito etc.
- Some working experience in cloud computing platforms such as Amazon cloud, Azure Cloud
- Knowledge of SQL, schema design such as Oracle, Postgres etc.
Benefits and Perks:
Beyond a stellar work environment, great people and inspiring, innovative work, we have some great benefits and perks:
- Competitive salaries
- 401(k) with company match
- Medical, dental and vision coverage for you and your family, along with other wellness and disability plans
- 11 paid holidays and a competitive RTO (Responsible Time Off)
- Catered lunches, fully stocked kitchens, walking trails and nearby access to restaurants, food trucks and farmer’s markets in some of our locations
Accela is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation