Who is Accela:
Accela is the industry pioneer in government licensing, permitting and regulatory solutions. We have more than 20 years of govtech experience and offer fast-to-implement Civic Applications and a robust and extensible solutions platform informed by industry best practices. Accela was recently honored with the ‘Great Place to Work’ certification, is consistently featured as one of the leading GovTech 100 companies, and is ranked on the Inc. 5000 as one of the fastest-growing private companies.
We help governments innovate so they can improve business and citizen outcomes, promote community development, ensure public safety and trust, and create an environment where citizens and businesses thrive.
Accela’s software drives efficiency for thousands of governments and is accessible to more than 160 million citizens worldwide. More than 80% of America’s 50 largest cities such as New York, San Diego, San Francisco, Miami, and Denver have implemented at least one of Accela’s many solutions.
Accela offers employees a culture that emphasizes performance, productivity and collaboration. You can’t help but feel empowered, engaged and motivated when you work with like-minded individuals who are driven and passionate about contributing to a market-leading, high-growth software organization with proven technology.
While we are busy changing the world, we also strongly believe in having fun and excitement at work, and encourage a collaborative and healthy work-life balance.
If you are motivated by the idea of delivering on the promise of democracy in the digital age and solving for a new era of more efficient, open and innovative governance, then we’d love to hear from you.
Where you fit:
Accela has an immediate need for a Senior Accountant to join our Finance Team. Reporting to the Senior Accounting & Operations Manager, this position is located in our San Ramon Headquarters.
Impact you will make in the role:
Act as a key technical accounting resource to the finance organization on judgmental accounting matters with strengths in complex accounting transactions which include Debt modification, Stock-based compensation, Foreign Currency and Consolidations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Act as a key technical accounting resource to the finance organization on judgmental accounting matters including goodwill, intangible assets impairment, business combinations and leases.
Prepare complex journal entries and reconcile various general ledger accounts for the month-end financial close in accordance with GAAP.
Assist with month-end closing financial reporting, including detailed variance analysis of actuals vs actual and actual vs plan for expenses for the company and provide commentary.
Manage the monthly close process for international offices, including the review of financial reporting packages, review of journal entries and maintenance of foreign exchange. Ensure proper accounting of foreign currency related items (CTA, FX Gains/Losses) in accordance with Foreign Currency Matters ASC830 (FAS52).
Eagerness to drive best practice and continuously challenge and drive initiatives.
Prepare accounting policy documentation to support technical accounting positions.
Ad-hoc projects as needed.
Expertise you will bring in:
- Bachelor’s Degree with an emphasis in Accounting or Finance, CPA required.
- Type A self-starter with strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and be action oriented, combined with being able to work within a Team
- Excellent planning, analytical, interpersonal and communication skills, strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff including senior level management
- Program and project management expertise including implementation of new systems
- Attention to detail and strong math skills, organized and thorough with desire for continuous improvement.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of broad-based relevant experience in Accounting, tech environment preferred
- Knowledge of taxation of international transactions preferred
- Thorough understanding of GAAP and monthly close process
- Knowledge of NetSuite ERP systems
Benefits and Perks:
Beyond a stellar work environment, great people and inspiring, innovative work, we have some great benefits and perks:
- Competitive salaries
- 401(k) with company match and stock plans to all employees
- Medical, dental and vision coverage for you and your family, along with other wellness and disability plans
- 11 paid holidays and a competitive RTO (Responsible Time Off)
- Catered lunches, fully stocked kitchens, walking trails and nearby access to restaurants, food trucks and farmer’s markets in some of our locations
Accela is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation