Who is Accela:
Accela is the industry pioneer in government licensing, permitting and regulatory solutions. We have more than 20 years of govtech experience and offer fast-to-implement Civic Applications and a robust and extensible solutions platform informed by industry best practices. Accela was recently honored with the ‘Great Place to Work’ certification, is consistently featured as one of the leading GovTech 100 companies, and is ranked on the Inc. 5000 as one of the fastest-growing private companies.
We help governments innovate so they can improve business and citizen outcomes, promote community development, ensure public safety and trust, and create an environment where citizens and businesses thrive.
Accela’s software drives efficiency for thousands of governments and is accessible to more than 160 million citizens worldwide. More than 80% of America’s 50 largest cities such as New York, San Diego, San Francisco, Miami, and Denver have implemented at least one of Accela’s many solutions.
Accela offers employees a culture that emphasizes performance, productivity and collaboration. You can’t help but feel empowered, engaged and motivated when you work with like-minded individuals who are driven and passionate about contributing to a market-leading, high-growth software organization with proven technology.
While we are busy changing the world, we also strongly believe in having fun and excitement at work, and encourage a collaborative and healthy work-life balance.
If you are motivated by the idea of delivering on the promise of democracy in the digital age and solving for a new era of more efficient, open and innovative governance, then we’d love to hear from you.
Where you fit:
Accela provides cutting edge technology for government agencies to engage and serve their citizens. The cornerstone of our technology is the Civic Cloud Platform that allows an entire ecosystem development and business partners to create endless number of solutions to serve the government and the public. We are currently seeking talented, experienced SaaS, Systems or Support Engineers to work within our production Cloud Operations team as part of a new Customer Reliability Engineering function. This function will be focused on specific customer implementations of Accela SaaS, ensuring their continued Availability, Performance, Security and other non-functional requirements at massive scale, in order to “drive customer anxiety to zero” in their adoption of SaaS.
Impact you will make in the role:
- Working closely with Engineering, Site Reliability Engineering (SRE), Database Engineering (DBE), Product, Services and Support team as the external (customer) face of Production SaaS Operations
- Support the SaaS Migration team through development of standard processes and practices including Data Access integration, and development of customer-specific monitoring/metrics and alerting.
- Function as a Technical Architect for the SaaS Migration team working with customers– identifying technical requirements and assisting Services/Support teams with scoping for successful migrations and ensuring successful transition to steady-state operations
- Provide an escalation path from Tier3 Support and Professional Services for
- Troubleshooting customers operating environment as needed
- “Cloud side” diagnostics for customer implementations, using APM analysis, log analysis, and streaming metrics in partnership with SRE
- Function as a “Tiger Team” for escalated production and pre-production issues during customer implementations
- Empower field-facing teams through articulation of fundamental Service Management processes for SaaS including Incident Management, Problem Management, and Change/Release Management, and Security/Compliance in order to foster confidence and trust with customers/partners in these areas
- Provide inputs into Product Roadmap and SRE based on customer SaaS Operations escalations
Expertise you will bring in:
- 5+ years of experience in a Production Engineering, Operations, and/or Support function for SaaS
- Great customer focus and empathy
- Prior software development experience a plus
- Experience with DB, systems, and datacenter migrations a plus
- Experience with development of self-service tooling using scripting such as Bash, Python, Ruby, Go in production environments a plus
Benefits and Perks:
Beyond a stellar work environment, great people and inspiring, innovative work, we have some great benefits and perks:
- Competitive salaries
- 401(k) with company match
- Medical, dental and vision coverage for you and your family, along with other wellness and disability plans
- 11 paid holidays and a competitive RTO (Responsible Time Off)
- Catered lunches, fully stocked kitchens, walking trails and nearby access to restaurants, food trucks and farmer’s markets in some of our locations