Who is Accela:
Accela is the industry pioneer in government licensing, permitting, service request, and inspection solutions, with more than 20 years of experience. We offer cloud based Civic Applications, and a robust, scalable solutions platform informed by industry best practices. In short, Accela helps governments innovate, so they can improve the business and citizen experience, promoting community development and creating an environment where citizens and businesses thrive.
At Accela employees enjoy a culture that emphasizes performance, productivity and collaboration. You can’t help but feel empowered and motivated when you work with like-minded individuals who are passionate about contributing to a market-leading, high-growth software organization with proven technology.
Accela is setting up a primary development centre in Dublin, Ireland. You will be joining this initial start-up team developing GovTech solutions connecting people, things and businesses in Government.
Accela offers employees a culture that emphasizes performance, productivity and collaboration. You can’t help but feel empowered, engaged and motivated when you work with like-minded individuals who are driven and passionate about contributing to a market-leading, high-growth software organization with proven technology.
While we are busy changing the world, we also strongly believe in having fun and excitement at work, and encourage a collaborative and healthy work-life balance.
If you are motivated by the idea of delivering on the promise of democracy in the digital age and solving for a new era of more efficient, open and innovative governance, then we’d love to hear from you.
Where do you fit:
As a Sr. Quality Engineer, you will be an individual contributor accelerating software testing, typically working with software product and development team, capable of handling tasks to accelerate the testing delivery and to improve the quality for Applications at Accela. You will be part of an Engineering team analysing business requirements, develop and execute test suites to provide maximum test coverage, building test automation suite using open source tools and Integrate with CI/CD process. As a result, you will have exposure to a broader set of problems, understanding customer experience, improving product quality which enables fast career growth and proximity to abundant technical challenges. As a Senior Quality Engineer, you will be also mentoring less experience quality engineers, sharing your knowledge and providing direction.
Impact you will make in the role:
- Attend sprint planning meetings, estimate the testing effort and develop test configurations and scenarios
- Participate in design and architectural review of the Engineering eco-system to voice quality concerns and ensure quality views are articulated properly
- Research and review test productivity tools and libraries, making recommendations to improve the overall productivity of the team
- Design system evaluations through the lens of a customer use case perspective and determine suitability for use
- Execute manual and automate software testing by informing automated test cases and testing automated environment as it is developed
- Predict and resolve issues, bottlenecks, and risks expected to arise during the integration of existing and new system features
- Collaborate closely cross-functionally to author test cases and report on test coverage
- Work with other engineers and support team to identify, log, triage, root-cause, and communicate defects using established tools like JIRA
- Suggest and introduce new methodologies for test cases, regression, and functional testing
- Mentor other members of the team through collaboration and knowledge sharing
- Implement QA methodology, test suite optimization, testing techniques and approaches to improve quality
- Ability to Interpret product architecture and system design
- Ability to work with cross functional teams geographically located by constantly building easy-to-use test frameworks
Expertise you will bring in:
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Engineering and any related discipline
- 5+ years experience of Web, API and component integration testing
- Strong knowledge and understanding of QA methodology, testing techniques and approaches
- Experience with SAAS deployment using Docker; ability to manage, deploy and support multiple concurrent releases through various test environment
- Strong understanding in API testing
- Knowledge in test automation scripts development using open source tools
- Strong analytical, debugging and problem-solving skills
- Experience in taking ownership in core functional product areas
- Solid understanding of SQL and API testing experience doing data quality testing with large data sets
- Experience working in fast paced Agile environments with working knowledge of Scrum principles and methodologies
- Ability to design complex test scenarios, that can be communicated easily
- Knowledge of Source Control systems such as Git
- Knowledge of build systems such as Gradle and Jenkins
- Be able to code automated tests in Java / RestAssured
- A demonstrable passion for software quality that is infectious to the wider team
- Knowledge of efficient and effective test processes
Benefits and Perks:
Beyond a stellar work environment, great people and inspiring, innovative work, we have some great benefits and perks:
- Central Dublin Office Location
- 25 vacation days
- Ireland Standard Holidays
- Pension Contribution
- Supplemental Healthcare Package
Accela is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, civil status, family status, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, race, membership of the Traveller community.