Who is Accela:
Accela is the industry pioneer in government licensing, permitting and regulatory solutions. We have more than 20 years of govtech experience and offer fast-to-implement Civic Applications and a robust and extensible solutions platform informed by industry best practices. Accela was recently honored with the ‘Great Place to Work’ certification, is consistently featured as one of the leading GovTech 100 companies, and is ranked on the Inc. 5000 as one of the fastest-growing private companies.
We help governments innovate so they can improve business and citizen outcomes, promote community development, ensure public safety and trust, and create an environment where citizens and businesses thrive.
Accela’s software drives efficiency for thousands of governments and is accessible to more than 160 million citizens worldwide. More than 80% of America’s 50 largest cities such as New York, San Diego, San Francisco, Miami, and Denver have implemented at least one of Accela’s many solutions.
Accela offers employees a culture that emphasizes performance, productivity and collaboration. You can’t help but feel empowered, engaged and motivated when you work with like-minded individuals who are driven and passionate about contributing to a market-leading, high-growth software organization with proven technology.
While we are busy changing the world, we also strongly believe in having fun and excitement at work, and encourage a collaborative and healthy work-life balance.
If you are motivated by the idea of delivering on the promise of democracy in the digital age and solving for a new era of more efficient, open and innovative governance, then we’d love to hear from you.
Where you fit:
You will be an integral member of the FP&A team at Accela overseeing the financial performance of all segments of the worldwide business. You will work collaboratively with other members of the finance group and partner with others across the organization to perform analyses and reporting that will better drive the decision-making process at the company.
Impact you will make in the role:
Your work will enable the company and the budget owners at Accela to meet the financial objectives of driving revenue and profitability while controlling costs. You will contribute to the mission of the finance organization by empowering the finance leadership and the executive team with the information required to run the business.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the annual budget, monthly & quarterly forecast, and long-term strategic planning processes
- Design and refine detailed financial models that forecast and analyze functional costs in order to fully understand sources of variances and to improve forecast accuracy
- Assist in supporting monthly close processes, including in-depth variance analysis
- Help prepare monthly & quarterly management reporting, analyze financial results, assess risks and opportunities, and communicate key messages to senior management
- Identify, measure, and communicate key performance metrics
- Build and maintain relationship with cross-functional teams to synthesize and integrate updates relating to variances in actual activity relative to budgets and forecasts
- Support executive management by providing timely ad hoc reporting on critical issues
- Become embedded with business partners across the company, establishing relationships of trust and gaining a deep understanding of relevant drivers
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge of the Company, department functions, and products
- Work well in a team environment with changing requirements and competing priorities
- Actively seek, participate in, and/or drive the development and implementation of process improvements
Expertise you will bring in:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or a quantitative field; MBA or CPA preferred
- 4+ years of experience in FP&A, investment banking, management consulting, Big 4 accounting, or private equity
- An individual who possesses outstanding analytical skills and proven ability to simplify large amounts of data into an actionable form.
- Software or SaaS company experience strongly preferred
- Excellent communication skills with experience developing and delivering presentations
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, proficiency in all Microsoft Office Suite, VBA skills a plus
- Experience in 3 statement financial modeling and direct cash flow forecasting
- Ability to manage and deliver multiple projects simultaneously and under tight timelines; flexibility to adjust on the fly to new demands; self-motivated and thrives in a fast-paced unstructured environment
- Experience with a (multi-dimensional) top tier planning application
- Experience working with large datasets, automation, or business intelligence skills
- Experience in database (SQL or other) coding a plus
- Use of Alteryx, tableau, Power BI or other data manipulation and visualization tools a plus
- Unwavering ethical standards
Benefits and Perks:
Beyond a stellar work environment, great people and inspiring, innovative work, we have some great benefits and perks:
- Competitive salaries
- 401(k) with company match and stock plans to all employees
- Medical, dental and vision coverage for you and your family, along with other wellness and disability plans
- 11 paid holidays and a competitive RTO (Responsible Time Off)
- Catered lunches, fully stocked kitchens, walking trails and nearby access to restaurants, food trucks and farmer’s markets in some of our locations
Accela is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation