Who is Accela:
Accela is an industry-leading cloud/web/mobile based software company that was recently honored with the ‘Great Place to Work’ certification and is one of the leading GovTech 100 companies.
For more than 15 years, Accela has been the industry leader in designing and delivering productivity and engagement software solutions to help government agencies to be their best. Accela provides a cloud-based SaaS platform suite of products that help local/State/Federal government and Civic agencies serve local communities more efficiently and effectively.
Accela’s software drives efficiency for over 2,200 governments and is accessible to more than 160 million citizens worldwide. More than 80% of America’s 50 largest cities such as New York, San Diego, San Francisco, Miami, and Denver have implemented at least one of Accela’s many solutions.
Accela offers employees a culture that emphasizes performance, productivity and collaboration. You can’t help but feel empowered, engaged and motivated when you work with like-minded individuals who are driven and passionate about contributing to a market-leading, high-growth software organization with proven technology.
While we are busy changing the world, we also strongly believe in having fun and excitement at work, and encourage a collaborative and healthy work-life balance.
If you are motivated by the idea of delivering on the promise of democracy in the digital age and solving for a new era of more efficient, open and innovative governance, then we’d love to hear from you.
Where you fit:
The Manager, Technical Support will work cross-functionally to manage the highly technical support team out of our Salt Lake City, Utah office. The successful candidate will work directly with Engineering, Delivery and our strategic partner network to provide a high level of support to Accela customers, partners and internal teams.
Impact you will make in the role (Responsibilities):
- Manages a team of highly technical resources that work directly with Engineering, Customer Care, Delivery and our Partner network.
- Assists customers, partners and internal staff with escalated cases and engage management as needed
- Owns and manages escalation issues for all Accela customers, Partners and internal staff.
- Facilitates meetings with Engineering, Customer Care, partners and the customer for ongoing review of hotlist issues.
- Displays strong leadership, interpersonal skills, product knowledge, and expertise when responding to escalated issues
- Fluent in using metrics to drive Key Performance Indicates (KPIs) that have proven correlation to improved customer satisfaction
- Comfortable presenting at C-level, both internally and with the customer
- Advocates and drives changes that positively influences productivity and customer satisfaction
- Meet with Customers regularly to discuss their Customer Support needs and challenges
Expertise you will bring in (Skills and Qualifications):
- 5+ years prior experience in a technical support leadership role with hands-on customer support of enterprise environments or related fields
- Ability to develop, implement and drive Service Level Agreements (SLAs) for internal/external departments and customers
- Strong understanding of internet technologies and web-based applications
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Use of independent judgment under minimum supervision
- Strong organizational and time management skills, the ability to prioritize action items and meet deadlines, work in a team environment, follow written policies and procedures, and maintain superior customer service at all times with all users
- Understanding of customer support processes and procedures, including communicating effectively with customers and understanding escalation processes and procedures
- BA or BS degree in Business Administration or related field with extensive experience in customer support working with client/server and/or Web Based technologies
- Experience managing teams, projects, or tasks in the enterprise
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time
- Government Agency Software experience is a plus.
- Prior experience in related field or equivalent business/technical experience
- Managerial training and certifications is a plus
Benefits and Perks:
Beyond a stellar work environment, great people and inspiring, innovative work, we have some great benefits and perks:
- Competitive salaries
- 401(k) with company match
- Medical, dental and vision coverage for you and your family, along with other wellness and disability plans
- 11 paid holidays and a competitive and flexible paid time off policy
- Catered lunches, fully stocked kitchens, walking trails and nearby access to restaurants, food trucks and farmer’s markets in some of our locations
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.