Who is Accela:
Accela is an industry-leading cloud/web/mobile based software company that was recently honored with the ‘Great Place to Work’ certification and is one of the leading GovTech 100 companies.
For more than 15 years, Accela has been the industry leader in designing and delivering productivity and engagement software solutions to help government agencies to be their best. Accela provides a cloud-based SaaS platform suite of products that help local/State/Federal government and Civic agencies serve local communities more efficiently and effectively.
Accela’s software drives efficiency for over 2,200 governments and is accessible to more than 160 million citizens worldwide. More than 80% of America’s 50 largest cities such as New York, San Diego, San Francisco, Miami, and Denver have implemented at least one of Accela’s many solutions.
Accela offers employees a culture that emphasizes performance, productivity and collaboration. You can’t help but feel empowered, engaged and motivated when you work with like-minded individuals who are driven and passionate about contributing to a market-leading, high-growth software organization with proven technology.
While we are busy changing the world, we also strongly believe in having fun and excitement at work, and encourage a collaborative and healthy work-life balance.
If you are motivated by the idea of delivering on the promise of democracy in the digital age and solving for a new era of more efficient, open and innovative governance, then we’d love to hear from you.
Where you fit:
Impact you will make in the role:
- Work with the Accela Civic platform (focused on SaaS), primarily built on Java technologies
- Ability to Interpret product architecture and system design
- Participate on an Agile team, with scrum meetings, as well as planning and grooming meetings
- Analyze system and business requirements
- Perform Code Reviews, documenting and implementing software best practices
- Optimize web and mobile applications to maximize speed and scale
- Work with QA engineers to develop testing protocols to identify and correct defects
Expertise you will bring in:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 1+ years of development experience as a Software Backend Engineer
- 1+ years of software development experience in cloud based, multi-tiered, enterprise application systems in Java technologies. Experience working with C#/.NET is a plus
- Experience of the following is highly desirable: JAVA 1.7 & higher, Any messaging system, JBoss/Wildfly server, Tomcat, Linux, HTTP, SOAP/REST Web Services, XML, JSON
- Create website layout/user interface by using standard HTML/CSS practices
- Solid engineering experiences working on EJBs and the web layer, Spring Framework, Maven
- Understanding of Algorithms and Data Structures.
- Good experience with Java Unit Testing Frameworks and Tools such as JUnit, TestNG, Mockito etc.
- Strong and demonstrable experience working in design and development of public facing & private REST APIs
- Track record of building and maintaining excellent working relationships with peers across organizations (QA, Development, PM, UX, etc)
- Knowledge of build systems and software integration systems
- Excellent problem solving, analytical, communication, organization and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work both independently and as a team player
- Experience and understanding of software source control systems, preferably Git
- Good understanding & working experience in cloud computing platforms such as Azure or Amazon is a plus