Who is Accela:
Accela is an industry-leading cloud/web/mobile based software company that was recently honored with the ‘Great Place to Work’ certification and is one of the leading GovTech 100 companies.
For more than 15 years, Accela has been the industry leader in designing and delivering productivity and engagement software solutions to help government agencies to be their best. Accela provides a cloud-based SaaS platform suite of products that help local/State/Federal government and Civic agencies serve local communities more efficiently and effectively.
Accela’s software drives efficiency for over 2,200 governments and is accessible to more than 160 million citizens worldwide. More than 80% of America’s 50 largest cities such as New York, San Diego, San Francisco, Miami, and Denver have implemented at least one of Accela’s many solutions.
Accela offers employees a culture that emphasizes performance, productivity and collaboration. You can’t help but feel empowered, engaged and motivated when you work with like-minded individuals who are driven and passionate about contributing to a market-leading, high-growth software organization with proven technology.
While we are busy changing the world, we also strongly believe in having fun and excitement at work, and encourage a collaborative and healthy work-life balance.
If you are motivated by the idea of delivering on the promise of democracy in the digital age and solving for a new era of more efficient, open and innovative governance, then we’d love to hear from you.
Where you fit:
The Professional Services Consultant is responsible for executing the business analysis and system configuration activities / deliverable's for Accela implementation projects. This individual is accountable for business analysis, workflow design and documentation, configuration, and coordination of user testing. The Consultant works with Accela Services’ management, clients and Accela’s sales team to ensure that the business analysis and system configuration activities meet customers’ business requirements.
The consultant will be adept at understanding each client’s organization, business processes, application environment, culture and requirements. The consultant will also apply knowledge of best practices in government Agencies’ business processes. Keys to success include the ability to build and manage client relationships, the capacity to build functional and technical knowledge of Accela software, and the aptitude to become a trusted adviser in the government domain.
Impact you will make in the role:
- Project Business Analysis / Configuration
- Lead efforts with relevant subject matter experts to collect, map, analyze and document business processes - particularly related to regulatory licensing and land management (inspection process)
- Oversee gathering of requirement information to inform the configuration of Accela software
- Demonstrate consistent, sound, independent decision-making and an aptitude for producing thorough, accurate, and clear documentation of business needs
- Review proposed technological solutions and configuration to ensure that they deliver on customers’ needs
- Configure Accela software to meet client business requirements
- Advise in the development of business use cases and creation of test scripts to be executed in user acceptance testing
- Project Operations
- Analyze and track progress toward key objectives
- Effectively work within the timelines and resource requirements of multiple, interdependent initiatives
- Support work effort estimates for application configuration
- Practice Development
- Contribute to the collective learning of Accela, seeking opportunities to identify and share improvements to firm-wide methodology
- Share repeatable processes and deliverables that can be leveraged across multiple projects to increase delivery speed and reduce costs
- Contribute to an environment that fosters collaboration and teamwork through sharing experiences, information, perspectives, skills, and expertise
Expertise you will bring in:
- Ability to facilitate interviews and workshops, process overviews / walk-throughs, and meetings with subject matter experts
- A track record of success in conducting business analyses, documenting requirements and specifications, and updating technical documentation and communication to stakeholders accordingly
- Experience implementing enterprise-level software with a demonstrated track record of success
- Ability to read and write business requirements and system configuration documents
- A natural client services mentality; the consistent ability to keep the needs of the client at the forefront of his or her actions
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Ideally, knowledge of how governments manage operations, conduct regulatory functions, transact, and manage technology to serve their constituencies and support their workforce;
- Demonstrated proficiency in presentation and client interaction
- A willingness to tackle difficult and complex problems
- The drive and work ethic needed to master the knowledge required (e.g. Accela’s software, client’s operations, etc.)to perform work effectively and gain credibility of customers and colleagues
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail
- Capacity to react quickly to problems as they arise and meet deadlines under pressure
- Track record of creative approaches to analyzing and solving complex problems
- A passion for transforming service delivery through the use of technology
- 5+ years’ experience working in business or government consulting
- Involvement in an enterprise application rollout project
- Knowledge of project management and software development methodology
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to identify key processes that are repeatable and participate in standard methodology development