Who is Accela:
Accela is an industry-leading cloud/web/mobile based software company that was recently honored with the ‘Great Place to Work’ certification and is one of the leading GovTech 100 companies.
For more than 15 years, Accela has been the industry leader in designing and delivering productivity and engagement software solutions to help government agencies to be their best. Accela provides a cloud-based SaaS platform suite of products that help local/State/Federal government and Civic agencies serve local communities more efficiently and effectively.
Accela’s software drives efficiency for over 2,200 governments and is accessible to more than 160 million citizens worldwide. More than 80% of America’s 50 largest cities such as New York, San Diego, San Francisco, Miami, and Denver have implemented at least one of Accela’s many solutions.
Accela offers employees a culture that emphasizes performance, productivity and collaboration. You can’t help but feel empowered, engaged and motivated when you work with like-minded individuals who are driven and passionate about contributing to a market-leading, high-growth software organization with proven technology.
While we are busy changing the world, we also strongly believe in having fun and excitement at work, and encourage a collaborative and healthy work-life balance.
If you are motivated by the idea of delivering on the promise of democracy in the digital age and solving for a new era of more efficient, open and innovative governance, then we’d love to hear from you.
Where do you fit:
You’ve probably been coding since you were a kid and/or have always had projects on the side of your main job. Ideally you come from a startup or have experience working with startups. If you have spent time in the corporate world you most likely held a position that involved new technologies, innovation or did something untraditional or are really keen on trying something new.
As a senior technical leader, you will be responsible for leading the design, implementation and support of critical features and components to accelerate the delivery of Accela’s cloud based products, while coaching and nurturing junior engineers on the team. You will be part of the core Accela Civic Platform team developing critical backend features and capabilities, while also seamlessly integrate with other Accela offerings.
You will have daily exposure to a range of technical challenges and customer experiences which will stretch and develop your technical and leadership skills. You are a problem solver who has a passion for delivering high quality software and has a keen eye for attention to details.
So, if you are a motivated developer looking to join a collaborative, close-knit team, drop us a line. You might be a perfect fit!
Impact you will make in the role:
- Participate in the development of Accela Civic platform (focused on SaaS), primarily built on Java and Angular technologies
- Ability to Interpret product architecture and system design
- Participate on an Agile team, with daily scrum meetings, as well as planning and grooming meetings
- Analyze complex system and business requirements
- Perform Code Reviews, Unit testing, documenting and implementing software best practices
- Optimize web and mobile applications to maximize speed and scale
- Perform system wide analysis to ensure the proposed solution is the best-in-class without causing any negative impact
- Drive quality across team by constantly building easy-to-use development frameworks
- Work with QA engineers to develop testing protocols to identify and correct defects
Expertise you will bring in:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 10+ years of development experience as a seasoned Full Stack Engineer
- 5+ years of software development experience in cloud based, multi-tiered, enterprise application systems in Java technologies and frontend technologies such as Angular or any newer JS frameworks.
- Experience working with C#/.NET is a plus
- Experience of the following is highly desirable: JAVA 1.7 & higher, Any messaging system, JBoss/Wildfly server, Tomcat, Linux, HTTP, SOAP/REST Web Services, XML, JSON, Angular, HTML5, CSS
- Solid engineering experiences working on EJBs and the web layer, Spring Framework, Maven
- Strong understanding of Algorithms and Data Structures.
- Good experience with Java Unit Testing Frameworks and Tools such as JUnit, TestNG, Mockito etc.
- Strong and demonstrable experience working in design and development of public facing & private REST APIs
- Significant and demonstrable experience of implementing Java best practice – especially around scalability, availability and performance
- Good understanding & working experience in cloud computing platforms such as Amazon cloud, Azure Cloud
- In-depth knowledge of PL/SQL, stored procedures, schema design in large scale relational databases such as Oracle, MS SQL. Nosql database design and optimization experience is a plus
- Strong and demonstrable experience working in continuous integration and continuous deployment systems (CICD)
- Track record of building and maintaining excellent working relationships with peers across organizations (QA, Development, PM, UX, etc)
- Track record of delivering excellent customer experiences
- Knowledge of build systems and software integration systems
- Excellent problem solving, analytical, communication, organization and interpersonal skills
- Analytical thinking - able to simplify complex problems, processes or projects into component parts explore and evaluate them systematically
- Independent thinker with creative, resourceful and proactive problem-solving skills
- Ability to work both independently and as a team player
- Experience and understanding of software source control systems, preferably Git
- Experience working in application migration, application integration is a plus
- Experience of using Unix / Linux based Operating Systems including performing basic administrative tasks is a plus
Benefits and Perks:
Beyond a stellar work environment, great people and inspiring, innovative work, we have some great benefits and perks:
- Competitive salaries
- 401(k) with company match and stock plans to all employees
- Medical, dental and vision coverage for you and your family, along with other wellness and disability plans
- 11 paid holidays and a competitive and paid time off policy
- Catered lunches, fully stocked kitchens, walking trails and nearby access to restaurants, food trucks and farmer’s markets in some of our locations
Accela is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation