Who is Accela:
Accela is an industry-leading cloud/web/mobile based software company that was recently honored with the ‘Great Place to Work’ certification and is one of the leading GovTech 100 companies.
For more than 15 years, Accela has been the industry leader in designing and delivering productivity and engagement software solutions to help government agencies to be their best. Accela provides a cloud-based SaaS platform suite of products that help local/State/Federal government and Civic agencies serve local communities more efficiently and effectively.
Accela’s software drives efficiency for over 2,200 governments and is accessible to more than 160 million citizens worldwide. More than 80% of America’s 50 largest cities such as New York, San Diego, San Francisco, Miami, and Denver have implemented at least one of Accela’s many solutions.
Accela offers employees a culture that emphasizes performance, productivity and collaboration. You can’t help but feel empowered, engaged and motivated when you work with like-minded individuals who are driven and passionate about contributing to a market-leading, high-growth software organization with proven technology.
While we are busy changing the world, we also strongly believe in having fun and excitement at work, and encourage a collaborative and healthy work-life balance.
If you are motivated by the idea of delivering on the promise of democracy in the digital age and solving for a new era of more efficient, open and innovative governance, then we’d love to hear from you.
Where you fit:
Accela has an immediate need for an Accounts Payable Supervisor to join our Finance Team. Reporting to the Senior Accounting & Operations Manager, this position is located in our San Ramon Headquarters.
Impact you will make in the role:
Responsible for activities and operations in the accounts payable function for the organization. Analyzes invoices and expense reports for accuracy and eligibility for payment. Ensure timely payments of vendor invoices and expense reports, maintains accurate financial records and self-assessment of internal controls.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Oversees accounts payable operations.
- Trains, schedules, assigns, and reviews work of staff.
- Handles Employee Expense Reports via Concur
- Manages company purchase and corporate cards
- Vendor Set Up and Management, track Vendors for W-9 and 1099 filing
- Analyzes Operating expenses including monthly reoccurring payments.
- Monthly/Quarterly payments to various state agencies and Licensing.
- Various Month End Reconciliations and Accruals, prepares accounts payable register and related reports in a timely manner.
- Understanding of Financial Statements.
- Audits methods and procedures to improve efficiency, standardizes procedures to improve efficiency of the work team.
- Journal Entry knowledge
- Ad-hoc projects as needed, audit support requests
Expertise you will bring in:
- Detail-oriented with exceptional oral and written communication skills, strong analytical and organizational skills
- Sustain high-volume accounts payable in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
- 5+ years of related experience with full-cycle, thorough understanding of the procure to pay process of requisitioning, purchasing, receiving, paying and accounting for goods and services.
- Experience managing staff is required for this position, primarily supervising a small team while processing invoices, performing weekly check runs, assisting with process and system improvements, and providing support to the accounting team.
- Knowledge of NetSuite ERP systems and Concur Expense
Benefits and Perks:
Beyond a stellar work environment, great people and inspiring, innovative work, we have some great benefits and perks:
- Competitive salaries
- 401(k) with company match and stock plans to all employees
- Medical, dental and vision coverage for you and your family, along with other wellness and disability plans
- 11 paid holidays and a competitive and paid time off policy
- Catered lunches, fully stocked kitchens, walking trails and nearby access to restaurants, food trucks and farmer’s markets in some of our locations
Accela is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation