Who is Accela:
Accela is an industry-leading cloud/web/mobile based software company that was recently honored with the ‘Great Place to Work’ certification and is one of the leading GovTech 100 companies.
For more than 15 years, Accela has been the industry leader in designing and delivering productivity and engagement software solutions to help government agencies to be their best. Accela provides a cloud-based SaaS platform suite of products that help local/State/Federal government and Civic agencies serve local communities more efficiently and effectively.
Accela’s software drives efficiency for over 2,200 governments and is accessible to more than 160 million citizens worldwide. More than 80% of America’s 50 largest cities such as New York, San Diego, San Francisco, Miami, and Denver have implemented at least one of Accela’s many solutions.
Accela offers employees a culture that emphasizes performance, productivity and collaboration. You can’t help but feel empowered, engaged and motivated when you work with like-minded individuals who are driven and passionate about contributing to a market-leading, high-growth software organization with proven technology.
While we are busy changing the world, we also strongly believe in having fun and excitement at work, and encourage a collaborative and healthy work-life balance.
If you are motivated by the idea of delivering on the promise of democracy in the digital age and solving for a new era of more efficient, open and innovative governance, then we’d love to hear from you.
Where you fit:
Accela is looking for an experienced Director, HR Business Partner to join our growing Talent & People team supporting Delivery and Success. Primarily field based, the Delivery team drives Enterprise scale implementations across the Accela Platform. Our Success team provides ongoing expert services and support to drive adoption and expansion of the product. Highly technical, as well as, skilled in navigating complex customer organizations, these teams are critical to the success of our company and our customers.
You will be responsible for delivering HR strategic support to help Leaders get the best from their teams. This is a high impact role with significant visibility in a dynamic and growing organization. If you thrive on creating highly effective programs, efficient processes, & seamless execution, while providing exceptional levels of customer service and creating a fast changing, fun and collaborative environment, you’d be a great fit for our team.
Impact you will make in the role:
You will be responsible for the following and will also challenge the organization to think beyond these expectations to create even better employee experiences.
- Partner with Delivery & Success leadership to support high growth & evolving team
- Assess and plan for talent needs, playing a critical role in the recruitment, retention and reward programs in partnership with Leadership
- Work closely with executives, management and employees to drive business results, build morale, and increase productivity and retention
- Develop and implement unique human capital programs that meet the needs of your specific business units and drive business unit growth
- Analyze and interpret the organization’s needs to make program recommendations, drive change management, leverage best practices and identify opportunities for alignment
- Solve problems and get to the root cause of any issue, no matter how complex, and design and quickly implement solutions
- Design and lead core programs on as performance management, compensation and rewards, and headcount planning
- Effectively help resolve employee relations concerns and when necessary, conduct effective, thorough and objective investigations
- Collaborate with HR leadership in Recruiting, Operations, L&D and On-boarding to provide seamless results to Delivery & Success organization
Expertise you will bring in:
- BA/BS degree in business, human resources management or related field and 7+ years of human resources and/or business partner experience
- Experience supporting customer facing teams in a software environment. Understanding of key drivers in utilization compensation plans and metrics
- Experience across multiple HR functional areas (development, training, compensation, performance management, retention, operations, etc.)
- A strong orientation to analytical & strategic thinking, communicating, influencing and building relationships at all levels within the company
- A strong, self-starter with a results-focused orientation and a proven track record of exceeding expectations in a dynamic environment
- The ability to manage sensitive and complex employee relations cases and experience conducting investigations, making recommendations, and facilitating resolution
- Bias to action and desire to see things to conclusion
- Strong excel and analytical skills to drive data driven decisions
- Ability to work independently in a constantly changing environment
- A team player who thrives in collaborative environments, partners across all departments and levels and who wants to have fun while getting things done
- A “hands-on” doer with a strong attention to detail and follow through
Benefits and Perks:
Beyond a stellar work environment, great people and inspiring, innovative work, we have some great benefits and perks:
- Competitive salaries
- 401(k) with company match
- Medical, dental and vision coverage for you and your family, along with other wellness and disability plans
- 11 paid holidays and a competitive and flexible paid time off policy
- Catered lunches, fully stocked kitchens, walking trails and nearby access to restaurants, food trucks and farmer’s markets in some of our locations
Accela is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.