Who is Accela:
Accela is an industry-leading cloud/web/mobile based software company that was recently honored with the ‘Great Place to Work’ certification and is one of the leading GovTech 100 companies.
For more than 15 years, Accela has been the industry leader in designing and delivering productivity and engagement software solutions to help government agencies to be their best. Accela provides a cloud-based SaaS platform suite of products that help local/State/Federal government and Civic agencies serve local communities more efficiently and effectively.
Accela’s software drives efficiency for over 2,200 governments and is accessible to more than 160 million citizens worldwide. More than 80% of America’s 50 largest cities such as New York, San Diego, San Francisco, Miami, and Denver have implemented at least one of Accela’s many solutions.
Accela offers employees a culture that emphasizes performance, productivity and collaboration. You can’t help but feel empowered, engaged and motivated when you work with like-minded individuals who are driven and passionate about contributing to a market-leading, high-growth software organization with proven technology.
While we are busy changing the world, we also strongly believe in having fun and excitement at work and encourage a collaborative and healthy work-life balance.
If you are motivated by the idea of delivering on the promise of democracy in the digital age and solving for a new era of more efficient, open and innovative governance, then we’d love to hear from you.
Where do you fit:
As a Software Architect, you will be designing and shaping our next-gen SaaS platform, mentoring teams, setting standards, and influencing the technical direction of Accela for years to come. You will be part of the overall architecture team within Accela that has responsibilities across multiple technology stacks. You will be primarily focused on the Accela Core platform and its transition to a 100% scalable cloud solution.
You will have daily exposure to a range of technical challenges which will stretch and develop your technical and leadership skills. You are a problem solver who has a passion for delivering high quality software and has a keen eye for attention to details.
So, if you are a motivated architect looking to join a collaborative, close-knit team, drop us a line. You might be a perfect fit!
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintain architectural ownership and lead technical innovation of our products and solutions
- Promote, protect and advance the architectural integrity, robustness and elegance of Accela’s product platform
- Provide architectural direction and conduct software design reviews to ensure the performance, scalability, security, extensibility and maintainability of the our software system
- Conduct build vs buy evaluations
- Translate high level business requirements in to technical requirements and designs
- Creating and designing secure systems
- Designs and builds frameworks used by all engineering teams
- Provide guidance to maintain consistency, compatibility and interoperability between our different product offerings
- Own architecture design, design patterns and coding standards using industry best practices and personal experience
- Coordinate across multiple teams to roll out architecture initiatives
- Research and stay current with advancement of software technology and methodically introduce them to improve our product
- Advise department and company leadership on system architecture and technology matters
- Serve as technical spokesperson for Engineering in communication with customers, partners and other departments within the company
- MS/BS degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 5+ years of experience as software architect
- 10+ years of software development experience with a number of enterprise level architectures
- In-depth knowledge and diverse experience with multi-tiered, cloud/SaaS based enterprise grade software systems and SOA architecture
- Expert in Java, Spring, Microservices, REST
- Deep experience in RDBMS, NoSQL, data modeling and information structure design
- Knowledge in messaging and streaming technologies such as RMQ or Kafka
- Strong technical leadership skills to build technical consensus cross functional teams
- Proven experience in writing complex technical documentation
- Excellent analytical and spatial reasoning stills
- Independent, innovative thinker with creative, resourceful and proactive problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Benefits and Perks:
Beyond a stellar work environment, great people and inspiring, innovative work, we have some great benefits and perks:
- Central Dublin Office Location
- 25 vacation days
- Ireland Standard Holidays
- Pension Contribution
- Supplemental Healthcare Package
Accela is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.