Who is Accela:
Accela is an industry-leading cloud/web/mobile based software company that was recently honored with the ‘Great Place to Work’ certification and is one of the leading GovTech 100 companies.
For more than 15 years, Accela has been the industry leader in designing and delivering productivity and engagement software solutions to help government agencies to be their best. Accela provides a cloud-based SaaS platform suite of products that help local/State/Federal government and Civic agencies serve local communities more efficiently and effectively.
Accela’s software drives efficiency for over 2,200 governments and is accessible to more than 160 million citizens worldwide. More than 80% of America’s 50 largest cities such as New York, San Diego, San Francisco, Miami, and Denver have implemented at least one of Accela’s many solutions.
Accela offers employees a culture that emphasizes performance, productivity and collaboration. You can’t help but feel empowered, engaged and motivated when you work with like-minded individuals who are driven and passionate about contributing to a market-leading, high-growth software organization with proven technology.
While we are busy changing the world, we also strongly believe in having fun and excitement at work, and encourage a collaborative and healthy work-life balance.
If you are motivated by the idea of delivering on the promise of democracy in the digital age and solving for a new era of more efficient, open and innovative governance, then we’d love to hear from you.
Where you fit:
We are looking for an experienced Contracts Manager to join our growing team at our corporate headquarters in San Ramon, CA. This role will be spilt, with a 50% focus on the contracts administration functions and 50% focused on the negotiation of commercial agreements. Specifically, the candidate will be responsible for the drafting, review, and negotiation, of a variety of commercial contracts with the support of our attorneys, as well as the contract administration responsibilities. The ideal candidate is extremely organized, thrives in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, has excellent drafting and negotiating skills, is passionate about technology, and is a true team player. We are seeking candidates with relevant experience at an in-house legal department who can make an immediate impact.
Primary Responsibilities & Objectives
- Primary administrator of Accela’s document management, and deal approval processes.
- Primary processor of all compliance related documentation/requests as it relates to commercial transactions.
- Draft, review and negotiate software licensing agreements, SaaS, statements of work for professional services, supplier and procurement agreements, and other commercial contracts.
- Assist with developing best practice processes, playbooks, and automation across all contract lifecycle.
- Liaise with finance, legal, sales operations, and other business units for approval of contractual terms and conditions on specific areas of expertise.
- Serve as primary contact to address questions related to contract processes.
- Ad-hoc non-contracts legal department projects as may come up from time to time.
Minimum Qualifications, Experience & Skills
- Bachelor's degree is required; JD, paralegal, or comparable credentials preferred.
- Significant prior contracts experience supporting a technology company and knowledge of software licensing principles are required, 3-5 years.
- Ability to read, draft, and understand contractual terms; strong experience in redlining and negotiating agreements is required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, experience with Salesforce and/or Contract Lifecycle Management tools, and other sales productivity tools.
- Strong research, analytical, and problem-solving abilities.
- Comfortable operating under pressure/with sense of urgency.
Benefits and Perks:
Beyond a stellar work environment, great people and inspiring, innovative work, we have some great benefits and perks:
- Competitive salaries
- 401(k) match to all employees
- Medical, dental and vision coverage for you and your family, along with other wellness and disability plans
- 11 paid holidays; competitive and flexible paid time off policy
- Catered lunches, fully stocked kitchens, walking trails and nearby access to restaurants, food trucks and farmers markets in some of our locations
Accela is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation