Who is Accela:
Accela is an industry-leading cloud/web/mobile based software company that was recently honored with the ‘Great Place to Work’ certification and is one of the leading GovTech 100 companies.
For more than 15 years, Accela has been the industry leader in designing and delivering productivity and engagement software solutions to help government agencies to be their best. Accela provides a cloud-based SaaS platform suite of products that help local/State/Federal government and Civic agencies serve local communities more efficiently and effectively.
Accela’s software drives efficiency for over 2,200 governments and is accessible to more than 160 million citizens worldwide. More than 80% of America’s 50 largest cities such as New York, San Diego, San Francisco, Miami, and Denver have implemented at least one of Accela’s many solutions.
Accela offers employees a culture that emphasizes performance, productivity and collaboration. You can’t help but feel empowered, engaged and motivated when you work with like-minded individuals who are driven and passionate about contributing to a market-leading, high-growth software organization with proven technology.
Accela is looking for a flexible, enthusiastic tech writer to help round out our team. Come work with us in a fast-paced, agile environment! We’ll help you get up to speed on our platform so that you can describe it to our customers in clear, concise terms. As a technical writer on our team, you’ll use your in-depth knowledge of our platform to create documentation that helps our customers get their jobs done quickly.
You’ll write new feature topics, bug descriptions, and configuration procedures for an administrator audience. You’ll work with developers, product managers, QA, and UX in a vibrant, open environment where knowledge and ideas are shared, and everyone pitches in to help each other get the software out the door. You’ll be an integral part of our team, helping us get all the docs done for every release on time and with a high degree of quality.
Your great people skills will serve you well at Accela, as we are a tight-knit team and we thrive on communication and collaboration. You’ll need to be motivated, interested, engaged, and have a great attitude. You will also need great time management skills and the ability to distill complex technical concepts into easily digestible documentation.
We use a variety of tools, so you’ll need to know how to use industry-standard tools like oXygen XML editor, FrameMaker, Visio, Snag-it, and source control such as SVN.
For more info about your future career at Accela, see http://www.accela.com/company/careers.
- 3-5 years of experience as a Technical Writer in the SaaS, government tech, or enterprise software space
- 3-5 years of experience using publishing tools such as oXygen XML Author, FrameMaker, Snag-it, Visio, and source control (SVN or GitHub)
- Experience using agile software development tools such as Jira and Confluence
- Exceptional communication and collaboration skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Team player with a terrific attitude and problem-solving skills
- Create and update product documentation using oXygen XML Editor on the front-end, DITA open toolkit on the backend.
- Review Jira stories, interview subject matter experts, and use the software
- Draft accurate procedures, get screenshots, and write great docs
- Attend scrum meetings and standups
- Coordinate documentation reviews and collaborate on content with team members
- Consistently meet documentation deadlines
Accela is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation